Fz6 S2 compared to 04 to 06 Fz6

Paul Myrus

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks, In the market for a new Fazer, Could anyone help me with this Q,
Say an 05 fz6, compared to 07 S2, I know there is various tweaks between to two models, Hopefully I can afford an S2, If I buy an pre 07 Fazer, Can the engine tweaks be done by a mechanic to match the engine performance of the S2?, and Q two, for those who have owed both, Is it worth being in a little bit of dept to get the S2?
Cheers Peeps,
Paul.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
The big differences between the S1 and the S2 are actually not in the engine. Sure, the S2 has a slightly improved ecu map, but the big upgrades to the S2 are the analog tachometer, four pot front brakes and slightly improved suspension.

The engine of the S2 outputs exactly the same HP and torque as the S1. So to answer your first question, you wouldn't need to transfer any upgrades because the S1 engine is already pretty great.

To answer question 2, I've not had both bikes, but I have an 04 with R6 forks and brakes, two brother's exhaust and some other small upgrades and I've still put less money in than if I bought a comparable S2. So I would say it's not worth it.

Last edited:

Paul Myrus

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one! cheers man, Cause I'd Ohlins the suspension after a while :)
This is a bike that Im gonna keep for years.. I've had gixer 750's and always go back to the Fazer..
Thanks mate for the info!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to our great forum Paul!

There are a few parts on the S-2 that were also changed and I don't know of any performance advancements on the the US models that I would consider as better unless some sponsor was paying you the big bucks to win on a track. Things that were different were O2 sensor and some remap on the ECU (I can't tell the difference) maybe with the on/off fueling that there was complaint about on the S-1? The swing arm, sub frame (removeable pillion pegs), front disc calipers, front fender, fairing and windscreen changes. I think the seat looked different.

I do like the look of the S-2 a little better.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
No problemo! The S1 is a really good base to do a little work yourself, I bought mine with 12.5k miles (which is pretty good for being 10 years old), and it's been a ton of fun to ride and work on this bike.

It's funny that you mention Ohlins. After I finish my naked conversion, rear suspension is probably my next target. :thumbup:

zpdrumer

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
In the U.S. The engine is the same. One thing I've noticed is it is easier to find aftermarket parts for the s2 (specifically windscreens!!! Just check out the number of threads complaining about s1 screens both stock and aftermarket). The brakes are also compelling for the s2 upgrade but other than that I'd say they are essentially the same bike. The s1 also came with silver engine/frame/rims for a bit. I actually love that look, but I know a lot of people are into blacked out everything and the s2 gives you that. *shrugs* I'd say go with whatever was the better deal (doesn't always mean cheapest) and if they are close just get the s2. I don't imagine you'd be disappointed either way

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
I may be biased but I like the look of the s1 better. My friend I ride with has the s2 and I dont like it as much.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks, In the market for a new Fazer, Could anyone help me with this Q,
Say an 05 fz6, compared to 07 S2, I know there is various tweaks between to two models, Hopefully I can afford an S2, If I buy an pre 07 Fazer, Can the engine tweaks be done by a mechanic to match the engine performance of the S2?, and Q two, for those who have owed both, Is it worth being in a little bit of dept to get the S2?
Cheers Peeps,
Paul.

:welcome: to the forum Paul :thumbup:

All of the main differences have been mentioned above :thumbup:

I'm not sure about Ireland but here in Holland ABS was standard on the post 2007 bikes (on the fazer version anyway), I think this IS a big improvement. Also the post 2007 european models got an improved seat.
Happy hunting and let us know what you get :rockon: