FZR6 Project.

warrencycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry yall. I said I would post audio of the exhaust, but on her maiden voyage a 2 hour ride to Wilmington nc, the main relay died. (We made it to Wilmington just not back)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

warrencycle

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a question about the exhaust. Originally I had chopped and modded the fz6 exhaust. I took a few angle pieces and welded the cat at a different angle.

warrencycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Then I welded the angle for the slip on. (First exhaust still) (V&H SSR4)

warrencycle

Reaction score
Visit site
When I got the Micron I used the header off a 2000 R6. Since the 98-01 R6 are interchangeable, I would assume any R6 header from 98 up would fit the FZ6 platform. BTW my FZ6 is a 2006.

SteelRain

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great bro no worries about all the posts haha gets you more feed back from people cause they think its a hot thread lol. Love what you did with the exhaust. Ive been thinking of doing the header swap and a shorty side exhaust for quite some time coupled with the tail swap. The tail you used aint exactly my cup of tea but it still looks good and since you were on a budget id say out standing work friend keep it up:thumbup:

warrencycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great bro no worries about all the posts haha gets you more feed back from people cause they think its a hot thread lol. Love what you did with the exhaust. Ive been thinking of doing the header swap and a shorty side exhaust for quite some time coupled with the tail swap. The tail you used aint exactly my cup of tea but it still looks good and since you were on a budget id say out standing work friend keep it up:thumbup:

I like the Koso alright I guess. It was a nightmare installing. I noticed a significant difference in performance the first go round when I knocked the honey comb out of the cat (sucked) I recommend just eliminating all together. But aside from eliminating the cat no big difference. Less welding and it sounds excellent.

warrencycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Lookin to swap this in. Any pointers on triple clamps? Would like to purchase something bolt on. Will a 2006 FZ1 triple clamp work?

warrencycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Lookin to swap this in. Any pointers on triple clamps? Would like to purchase something bolt on. Will a 2006 FZ1 triple clamp work?

Front end off a 2005 R6.

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had R6r inverted forks for about 3 years now, it's NOT a direct swap, fab work and patience are required, 03-05 R6 06-09 R6s forks are a direct swap, I recommend these if you're looking a stiffer fork, plus you can get them for a cheaper price,they are more than adequate for the average rider, good for a track day or 2 each year too..

warrencycle

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had R6r inverted forks for about 3 years now, it's NOT a direct swap, fab work and patience are required, 03-05 R6 06-09 R6s forks are a direct swap, I recommend these if you're looking a stiffer fork, plus you can get them for a cheaper price,they are more than adequate for the average rider, good for a track day or 2 each year too..

... I own 05 R6 inverted forks(shown in above picture). I understand the dynamics of the forks. That's why I'm swapping.... I'm looking for installation pointers. Do's and Don't.

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
Well since you already have the forks make sure to get the R6's Brembo master cylinder, new handle bars, you also need new custom length brake lines, brake fluid flush, new brake pads, new piston seals would be a good idea since there from 2005, plus mesure the FZ6 & R6 forks and compare lengths, can't remember if the R6 forks were shorter than the FZ's, lowering the front end more than 10mm is not advisable, it get's overly sensitive thus causing too much steering input, if lower than 10mm I recommend lowering the FZ6's rear shock to keep the oem geometry.

warrencycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Well since you already have the forks make sure to get the R6's Brembo master cylinder, new handle bars, you also need new custom length brake lines, brake fluid flush, new brake pads, new piston seals would be a good idea since there from 2005, plus mesure the FZ6 & R6 forks and compare lengths, can't remember if the R6 forks were shorter than the FZ's, lowering the front end more than 10mm is not advisable, it get's overly sensitive thus causing too much steering input, if lower than 10mm I recommend lowering the FZ6's rear shock to keep the oem geometry.

Thanks for maintenance tips... The original question was "Does any one have anypointers on triple clamps?"

I'm a mechanic. I'm running an R6 rear suspension, and plan to swap out swing arms. I am also running a afterarket master. See entire feed.

warrencycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Digging through some old photos. Found this wanted to share. A little background on me. Started riding on a 71 xs650, bought a vstar 650 (hot garbage)-mainly just the shaft drive its actually is still running going on 40+ gave it to the Old Man when I bought my 09 Dyna FXDC, and traded that in for my current Harley, a 2012 Softail Slim. I run sampson sidewinders on it normally, the pictured pipes are my "Dragon" pipes. Sampsons hang low and have some clearance issues. Trade a Rifle for my FZ6, big fan of Street Fighters. I got this bike because I'm running low on floorboard metal on the Harley. Ultimately I am planning to fabricate a hitch and trailer for the harley and pull the Fz6 behind it to the mountains (mostly Moonshiner 28 & US129). Thanks for looking!