FZR6 Project.

warrencycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome stuff!!

How are you liking the performance of the FZ versus your other bikes??

I Love my Harley, but its a little tiresome to push 1100 pounds through the corners. The Vstar was very nimble, but as stated the shaft drive was junk. The 71 XS was nimble and extremely powerful but heavy and tall. The FZ is all of them wrapped into one. I'm very pleased with it and can't wait to take it to the hills.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I Love my Harley, but its a little tiresome to push 1100 pounds through the corners. The Vstar was very nimble, but as stated the shaft drive was junk. The 71 XS was nimble and extremely powerful but heavy and tall. The FZ is all of them wrapped into one. I'm very pleased with it and can't wait to take it to the hills.

Damn 1100 pounds!! :eek:

You'll love it, even though coming from a lower and featherlight ninja 250, the FZ still turns amazing

warrencycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn 1100 pounds!! :eek:

You'll love it, even though coming from a lower and featherlight ninja 250, the FZ still turns amazing

:D To be exact my slim weighs 1160 so add my wieght and you're looking at 1325. Lol. Shes a big b*tch, but she holds her own (dyna v, cam, big sucker intake, sampsons). We have CBR250s on the range when I teach they're super light nimble and peppy. No top end though.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:D To be exact my slim weighs 1160 so add my wieght and you're looking at 1325. Lol. Shes a big b*tch, but she holds her own (dyna v, cam, big sucker intake, sampsons). We have CBR250s on the range when I teach they're super light nimble and peppy. No top end though.

I haven't had the pleasure of riding one but that's what I hear, they have more usable torque down low but at the expense of top end. Thumper is as thumper does I suppose.

I REEEEEALLY wanna try out a Ninja 300 though, it was a close call between the FZ6 (or another used 600 in my price range) or a new Nin300 and I still wish I could have tried the 300. Someday I'll find one I can

warrencycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Got a set of 2006 FZ1 Triples to mount to the 2005 R6 inverted forks for my 2006 FZ6... confused yet??

Fbrand619

Noob on bigboybike
Reaction score
Visit site
I just used the stock R6 triple clamps you have to mod it a bit but it fits fine if you use the all balls bearing method. Great build. I see you are in the same boat I am with the head lights. At least you are up and running.

warrencycle

Reaction score
Visit site
I just used the stock R6 triple clamps you have to mod it a bit but it fits fine if you use the all balls bearing method. Great build. I see you are in the same boat I am with the head lights. At least you are up and running.

I used the headlight off a '79 XJ with some universal mounts.

warrencycle

Reaction score
Visit site

Fbrand619

Noob on bigboybike
Reaction score
Visit site
I am most likely going to go with something like this.. The single headlight one on the bottom. Small and powerful...

lights6.jpg

warrencycle

Reaction score
Visit site
I am most likely going to go with something like this.. The single headlight one on the bottom. Small and powerful...

lights6.jpg

I was think of something like that, didn't want to fight to make an underside mount instead of the sidemounts.