Glasspacks anyone? :)

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
after a BUNCH of e searching I found a CO. that makes a 12" glasspack. I bought 2 of em and they came in the mail today. These are just some mock up pics taken with my el-cheap-o cell phone. Better quality before/after pics/video as soon as I get it put together!
View attachment 41140
Yes I started it like that LoL

View attachment 41141

View attachment 41142

View attachment 41143
Polish or paint em black??

View attachment 41144
Probably cut the tips to an angle to match the tail light

Allot of fit/finish to be done but just having the cans makes my day!!

phranK2k11

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the kind words Qwibby, Shiny_side_up, Erci, viviifz6, and red_rock_beetle!

Subscribed, have thought about this for a while, will the plastic still fit over?

As of right now I have to say, no the plastic cover wont fit. But that is based on a very quick test fitting. I would prefer to keep it on there if possible. If i can get it to fit, it'll be on there.

Pics of progress and a sound clip will be on their way as they happen!!!

I'm super excited about it!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
I would paint the, if anything, to hide what looks like weld marks. I think they look nice otherwise, I would leave them as is at the back. Looks killer sticking straight out!
Nice to see people not going the 2bros or akra path!
Gives me a 3rd idea now!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
after a BUNCH of e searching I found a CO. that makes a 12" glasspack. I bought 2 of em and they came in the mail today. Polish or paint em black??

How'd the Y pipe and support brackets come out and do you like the sound?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah it looks like it would be easy but since our bikes pretty much have car mufflers its vey much the opposite of easy

Pope Mobile

Von Skump
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. Guess that explains why all the aftermarkets seem so much more expensive, coming from an SV.
I actually emailed Delkevic a few months ago, and they said they're working on a FZ6 exhaust. I'm looking forward to it.

My friend, who also has a FZ6, has been looking at a DIY exhaust much like this. His dad's an engineer and can weld, so we'll have access to various tools.
Think you could throw up a walkthrough after you've finished it all up?

phranK2k11

Reaction score
Visit site
FinalImpact:
"How'd the Y pipe and support brackets come out and do you like the sound?"

In these pics it literally is held together by duck tape, so no Y pipe yet. The top pic has 1 muffler taped to a length of PVC that is taped to my mid pipe after turning it sideways for a sound test....it's amazing! It has a low burbeling note through 5K then gets raspy and loud above that!

Pope Mobile:
"I'm assuming these replace the stock muffler? Just measure, cut and fit? Would it be a welding application or just a clamp? "

It will replace the factory exhaust without altering any stock pieces. I want to be able to return it to stock without buying new stock parts. It will be lots of measuring, cutting, welding with a clamp to the mid pipe in the same place as stock.

ChevyFazer:
"Yeah it looks like it would be easy but since our bikes pretty much have car mufflers its vey much the opposite of easy"

You hit the nail right on the head there!!!

microage97:
"I can't wait to hear the sound!!!!!"

After the sound test I did its killing me to have to wait to work on it too LoL! As soon as progress is made I will update this thread.

Pope Mobile:
"My friend, who also has a FZ6, has been looking at a DIY exhaust much like this. His dad's an engineer and can weld, so we'll have access to various tools.
Think you could throw up a walkthrough after you've finished it all up?"

I hope to photo document everything that goes into making it work. I was gonna do that with my spring maintenance tear-down and got busy workin and forgot to take pics...:spank:

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
When I do my exhaust(whenever that is)I was going to use a flexible exhaust tube to minimize bending and welding. It works for cars so why couldn't one be used for bikes. The pipe is mainly hidden anyways, for the most part.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When I do my exhaust(whenever that is)I was going to use a flexible exhaust tube to minimize bending and welding. It works for cars so why couldn't one be used for bikes. The pipe is mainly hidden anyways, for the most part.

Not to be a naaa sayer but the vibes will kill that stuff. I'd buy a used header (or something like that) and cut it to pieces before ever using flex pipe. Plus you need a Y in there unless one stack is for looks only????

At a minimum a muffler shop could bend and weld this. Even if they reamed for $100 - thats where handing them the Perfect fit flex pipe and say "make it" would work well.

Just thinking out loud as we don't want you to burst into flames. . .

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll second you again lol

If I remember right, someone contacted scorpion and had them send them only the "Y" pipe that is used in their kit, I don't think it was very expensive either, that would be another option, but anything other than flex

Take it from someone who has made dozens of custom exhaust on every kind of vehicle from my fz6 to a 87 Cady hurst, flex is ok in a pinch for a temporary fix but is not made to last

Last edited: