Glasspacks anyone? :)

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I understand this, but does it matter if they don't flow exactly the same?

The stock setup utilises the same h piece. Since the glasspacks have significantly less restriction, whether they flow the same or no is essentially irrelevant.

Since when has the stock muffler used an "h" piece? It's a single pipe going into a car muffler. And why is using the pipes at 100/25% efficiency better than say 75/75% ? Either way it's going to flow tons better than stock, and the cat is the most restrictive part of the whole exhaust setup anyway. Honestly, unless you're doing a full exhaust and removing the cats, then any "slightly better flow" argument is moot anyway.

Or is my recollection of fluid dynamics failing me and the most restrictive part of a system suddenly stopped being the determining factor of restriction?

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Since when has the stock muffler used an "h" piece?

My mistake - I meant the stock way of doing aftermarket pipes.

I know that makes no sense, but it's early here!

And why is using the pipes at 100/25% efficiency better than say 75/75% ?

That depends on your perspective. We were discussing trying to get the glasspack setup to utilise both pipes, rather than how the aftermarket h piece uses one, and very little of the other.

The discussion about efficiency of the setup came from the idea that to enable both pipes to be utilised from an h piece would be to restrct the straight-through.

Honestly, unless you're doing a full exhaust and removing the cats, then any "slightly better flow" argument is moot anyway.

From my perspective, this is a great. inexpensive way of getting a great sounding exhaust - the 'better flow' is just an added bonus. (and as for the 'without removing the cat, we're wasting our time', many people who have JUST replaced the stock muffler with a set of aftermarket pipes have reported increases in both power and torque - so there ARE benefits to be had, with the correct tuning and accessory computer/fuel management)

Or is my recollection of fluid dynamics failing me and the most restrictive part of a system suddenly stopped being the determining factor of restriction?

Doesn't really come into it - as I said, the discussion about restriction was purely about putting some restriction into the system to utilise both pipes, semi-equally - not whether this system would be more free flowing. (which it so obviously will be, sans baffles etc.)

Cheers,
Rick

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
I contacted the makers of the glasspacks Jones Exhaust and asked for stickers. If they look right and are of quality that I don't believe will fade due to being outside, they will be going on the sides like the name brand guys do.

microage97

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet. I wonder if there is some you can do with the black plastic that is along the side of the pipe? Did you come up with a price figure on these? I wantee a pair.

Dave

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
That is some fantastic man work right there! Also I like the little pocket bike next to it. haha
It really does look smooth with the black paint. Think you may have stared something here.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Very Cool. These are the ones I made up last year for my naked project, couple of Cherry Bombs welded together and mounted to an R6 Header:

picture.php

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
And if you were wondering if you could use the stock fender.....

Right side.
View attachment 42314

Left side.
View attachment 42315

From back.
View attachment 42316

Looking up at the bottom. This was left long for this fitting. I'll trim it down.
View attachment 42317

You'll have to make a 1/4 hole in the stock fender if you are going to use it.
View attachment 42318

I put the stock fender on just to make sure it would work with the new cans. Knowing ahead of time that I was just putting it on taking a few pics and then putting it back in the closet, I didn't bother putting my tag/lights on it.

Pope Mobile

Von Skump
Reaction score
Visit site
Very Cool. These are the ones I made up last year for my naked project, couple of Cherry Bombs welded together and mounted to an R6 Header:

picture.php

Oh my god. This. I want this. On my bike. Now. I want to leave the office and see this on my bike. Make it happen. Use wizard magic or something. Perform a sacrifice to the Aztec gods. Want.

effzed6

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh my god. This. I want this. On my bike. Now. I want to leave the office and see this on my bike. Make it happen. Use wizard magic or something. Perform a sacrifice to the Aztec gods. Want.

Well.... I'm not Aztec but I'm sure we can get something like that goin'.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site

ditto, I wonder how well these would work for a FZ6 a track bike. (my next project)

fazerset2kill

Reaction score
Visit site

picture.php

so just sold my fz1 a month ago and just got a 2005 fz6 so i can "be more responsible with my top speed...." any who got on here and was so surprised that all this was on here.

Once a Fazer nut always a Fazer nut.

Is there anyway that you have pics of this on the bike???

Thanks