GoPro HD Hero (Helmet) $169 Amazon's deal

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I just saw this, maybe somebody would be interested:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-CHDHH-001-HD-Helmet-Hero/dp/B002VA56I8/ref=xs_gb_A2ZYPCUMMIM65O?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=441937901&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1S3CR2R79PZD65WY732K"]Amazon.com: GoPro HD Helmet Hero: Camera & Photo[/ame]

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
Step 1

Buy a GoPro for $300

Step 2

Attach GoPro to a volkswagen jetta via suction cup

Step 3

Retrieve broken GoPro from busy intersection in Ocean City, MD

Step 4

Contact GoPro support and say it was a suction cup fail (manufactures defect)

Step 5

Receive discount code!

seoulski

Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, and I just happen to have a Jetta, but I would like to get a honest discount. Not scamming a company because the suction cup fell off because of a defect.:thumbup:

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, and I just happen to have a Jetta, but I would like to get a honest discount. Not scamming a company because the suction cup fell off because of a defect.:thumbup:

No scam, had the GoPro for 2 weeks. First time using the suction cup. Cleaned up the area really good and she still fell off the car only going 25 MPH.

But Amazon does usually have the best deals on GoPro's

seoulski

Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Been using suction mounts for years. You can lick it, blow on it, clean it like a virgin. It will still come off sooner or later. It is not a manufacturing defect. It is the nature of the beast.

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
My suction cup has never fallen off. I had a hard time getting it off when I was done using it. I even use it on my jet ski and it hasn't fallen off when I went off waves with it.

Mine is from GoPro, not another retailer...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine has stuck fine all the way to 155.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

seoulski

Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine has stuck fine all the way to 155.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Good for you. Was it out in the wind? I'm saying there is no way you can expect a suction mount to be reliable. It can stick for 2 minutes or 2 years and anywhere in between. I have had suction mounts literally melt to the windshield of a car.
GoPro or any manufacturer. Things will effect the suction. Heat-Humidity and especially the cycling of these will cause it to release. Thus Fail

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
My brother had a gopro before me and we never had a problem with the suction cup. Thats why i was shocked when the GoPro fell off the car.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My GoPro suction cup has always held. As long as you have a clean non porous surface with not to much of a radius, and clean suction cup you should be good to go. Push the plunger down to expel air, pull the lever and go! :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good for you. Was it out in the wind? I'm saying there is no way you can expect a suction mount to be reliable. It can stick for 2 minutes or 2 years and anywhere in between. I have had suction mounts literally melt to the windshield of a car.
GoPro or any manufacturer. Things will effect the suction. Heat-Humidity and especially the cycling of these will cause it to release. Thus Fail

I think GoPro rates there plunger for 200 MPH. :D

If you have dirt or a surface that allows air to flow into the suction cup it'll come off. I always feel the cup and the surface I'm sticking it to to insure there's no dirt.