Great ride starring Dirk and Geoff

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
A local sportbike group, the Ozark Street Fighters sponsored a ride this weekend they called the "Kill the Corners Ride." Yesterday they had an aggressive ride through the Ozark Foothills ending at Rum Runners bar and grill in Farmington, MO. I worked during the ride but hung out at the afterparty and it was a good time.

Today I met the group for another ride and when I showed up, saw a good friend of the forum, Geoff!

The ride was brisk but not over the top. I did get within a few millimeters of the edge of my rear tire which surprised me because I felt I could have pushed harder. We rode some very twisty roads between Farmington, Marble Hill, and Piedmont including a favorite of mine, MO-51.

I took a group pic at the last group stop. You can see that Yamaha outnumbered Honda 4 to 3 and FZ's were popular with mine and Geoff's 6's along with Crazy Carl's FZ1.

ad765476-d19c-08fb.jpg

Geoff and I had to ride about 30 miles or so in pretty heavy rain. Got absolutely blasted by a storm from Farmington til DeSoto including a bit of sleet. I love riding in the rain! Call me crazy if you must, but when it is hot out and the rain soaks you, it is so nice.

Took a couple pics when Geoff and I stopped for gas.

ad765476-d1d4-fdf2.jpg

ad765476-d1ec-1490.jpg

All in all, a day to remember. No complaints other than a couple of guys doing wheelies all the time.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a great mountain ride this weekend too. My tires are back to round after wearing the sides off a bit :thumbup:

Out of 7 guys how many were actually dressed for the crash? :spank:

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Indeed a good way to spend a Sunday, Dirk and I decided to hang back on the last bit of the ride and cruise at out own speeds, it was still pretty quick, but much more laid back then the stunt bikes in front of us. Altogether after Dirk and I had to drive home we probably did about 265 miles.

Dirk we will have to do it again sometime, with or without a big group :D I would like to get a GO Pro and go ride and get some clips.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a great mountain ride this weekend too. My tires are back to round after wearing the sides off a bit :thumbup:

Out of 7 guys how many were actually dressed for the crash? :spank:

9 Actual people were on Ride, most people had some sort of gear except for a couple who didn't havet nothing but shirt and jeans. There was a rider infront of me that didn't wear gloves, but had the jacket. Little odd, but everyone was fine at the end of the day, dry or soaked...in my case, soaked :D