Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great weekend and company! Anza Borrego,Ca 4-8-12

Just a little thank you to some forum members and friends and family for sharing some time and riding with me this weekend.

I'm a really lucky creature to have such great people in my life!

Friday-Went riding with FZ6 SunDiego (Luis) and some of his posse members that I've ridden with before. We did the PCH along the beach towns and finished with some lunch at Swami's in Encinitas, Ca. Great company and relaxing cruise. Except those lil spots Luis and I could give some short throttle to. :spank:

Sat. Goop (Bryan) and Jblk9695 (Jerry) and I were supposed to go for a little ride but Bryan's bike wasn't getting out of a service appointment soon enough but we got to have lunch together. Thank you for lunch Bryan! Then I rode part way with Jerry on his way back home to San Bernardino, Ca. Thanks for coming all the way here to hang with us Jerry!

Friday meeting spot.

Canon%2520001.jpg

Jerry and I stopped for a water break!

I have to say, Jerrys Tiger has to be the best looking adventure bike. I really like the lines!

Canon%2520004.jpg

Last but not least. I spent my Easter Sunday with my very best friend and awesome wife Lisa on a little ride to Split Mountain in the Anza Borrego Desert today.

That little thing on the ground in front of our SUV is our burner unit that we percolate Espresso with which has been a tradition when ever we go any where off road! :D

Canon%2520021.jpg

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
NICE! Hey.. what's that 7 foot long thing hanging off the end of your sidestand? :BLAA:

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics man! Glad you were abl to enjoy the holiday weekend with some family and friends. That gorgeous shot of the split reminds me one again, WTF am I doing on the east coast??

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
NICE! Hey.. what's that 7 foot long thing hanging off the end of your sidestand? :BLAA:

That's my kick starter! :BLAA:

That thing tucks up nice under with just enough to catch with my foot.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Riding without me? You guys suck :Flip:

Soooo Cliff, when are you going to bring that Zuki up to play in Northern Ca??

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Always a fun time visiting with Cliff and Lisa and was just sorry Bryan's bike was in the shop but lunch was good, can't remember the name of the sandwich shop but it was a lot beter than Sub***, they even put some meat on the bread:BLAA:
Some of the local wildlife--
P40705671024x823.jpg

Wilson Valley rd, just what a motorcycle needs--
P40705651024x768.jpg

Jerry

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Always a fun time visiting with Cliff and Lisa and was just sorry Bryan's bike was in the shop but lunch was good, can't remember the name of the sandwich shop but it was a lot beter than Sub***, they even put some meat on the bread:BLAA:
Some of the local wildlife--

Wilson Valley rd, just what a motorcycle needs--

Jerry

Always a pleasure to be with good friends and riders!
Yeah, I really liked Wilson Valley Rd. Didn't we ride that once before with Cali rider and others? Fun turns while changing elevations are extra sweet. Can get tricky on negative pitches though...

Jersey Mike's is the sub shop. There are 2 Sub shops here from Jersey. Poor Boys is the other shop and I would say they both have good subs of that same Jersey recipe. Sub *** is not a sub shop!

Thanks again for working your way here and back!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics man! Glad you were abl to enjoy the holiday weekend with some family and friends. That gorgeous shot of the split reminds me one again, WTF am I doing on the east coast??

Split mountain is a really cool place. There's a lot to see there but some of the areas are tucked back beyond even most 4x4s. I had a Rubicon with front and rear lockers which got us exploring some great areas. We've been hitting that area for years!

The Wind Caves, Elephant Knees and Sand Canyon. Lots of great stuff on that trail.

Also perfect for adventure bike during the right time!

Split Mountain Trail, Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, California

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics guys thanks for sharing , love pics of other forum members catching up :thumbup:

Somebody really should do something about the local wildlife though.... It looks really hazardous , just imagine that thing jumping out at you from behind a tree :BLAA:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
C'mon now! When your down here were right behind you! :p
Yeah, I kinda would like to junket down again to SoCal for an all-day event. I've done it the last two summers. I've already jettisoned one vacation summer day for Reno---I don't even know if I can get away with another. No biggie, where there's a will, there's an FZ6. :thumbup:

D

Dave.TX

It's a Suzuki, what do you expect? That 7 foot long thing is called extra weight because the engineers couldn't design a better kickstand.

:BLAA:

D

Dave.TX

LOL!!! I ask myself that every morning when I wake up....

You guys crack me up! Joe, you're a nut. You're on the east coast because that's where your woman is.

I miss San Diego. Problem is I'll be there this week. Bigger problem is I won't have my motorcycle with me unless I can figure out how to bring it as carry on luggage. Biggest problem is I can't ride when I'm there. But maybe get to meet Cliff and some of the other guys.

If any of you guys make it to Texas let me know, I'll bring you on some good rides of county roads and the Hill Country west of Austin.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Great weekend and company! Anza Borrego,Ca 4-8-12

Sat. Goop (Bryan) and Jblk9695 (Jerry) and I were supposed to go for a little ride but Bryan's bike wasn't getting out of a service appointment soon enough but we got to have lunch together. Thank you for lunch Bryan!

No problem! :BLAA:

The bike is running great! They synced the throttle bodies and it's smoother than ever. :)