Headlight reflectors on non US models (for dual headlight mod)

HaChayalBoded

Reaction score
Visit site
So the dual headlight mod is useless, it's only purpose is to get idiots to stop telling you that you have a headlight out.

I'm considering changing the reflector on mine so that the right side headligh is actually useful.

Is it one solid unit or can I sort of rearrange it so that the reflector works for both low and high beam?

Otherwise my thought is to find a 10w low beam 65w highbeam bulb for the right side. I've seen them somewhere on one of the enduro forums so they are out there.

Last edited:

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
So the dual headlight mod is useless, it's only purpose is to get idiots to stop telling you that you have a headlight out.

This is not actually true. I've ridden at night with the right side unplugged (US model, dual headlight mod) and have noticed a fairly substantial difference. So much so that I pulled over and plugged it back in. You may get more usable light on high beam, but it definitely helps when on low as well.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is not actually true. I've ridden at night with the right side unplugged (US model, dual headlight mod) and have noticed a fairly substantial difference. So much so that I pulled over and plugged it back in. You may get more usable light on high beam, but it definitely helps when on low as well.

+1! Not to mention it makes you much more visible to oncoming traffic :thumbup:

Having said that, I do love my FZ1 headlights (both sides are dual filament :D )

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on both above posts.

Considerably more light, your more visable to other vehicles and the bike looks considerably better without "a headlight burned out"..

I've also added PIAA bulbs that have the same electrical draw but put out more lumens, quite a bit brighter, plenty for my needs, even with one high beam headlight..

Last edited:

HaChayalBoded

Reaction score
Visit site

Maybe the 06 had a better reflector, because in a pitch black warehouse, the right low beam put out about as much light as my old maglight. It also had the yellowish hue.

Left low was 50 times brighter.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe the 06 had a better reflector, because in a pitch black warehouse, the right low beam put out about as much light as my old maglight. It also had the yellowish hue.

Left low was 50 times brighter.

Try a better bulb. PIAA or Silverstar.