Heated Grips for Less than $50

castle228

'07 Kobalt FZ1
Reaction score
Visit site
No offense, but why from this link as opposed to the original link? the original link was the same heaters for less $?

Right, but the original link was to a company that does not currently have them in stock.

I'd rather pay $10 - $15 more to have something on my doorstep next week, as opposed to having to wait and wait and wait for someone else to get it to ship it to me. By then, I could've ridden a couple dozen times and needed them.

Why bust my balls? I never said anyone has to buy them. I just said they have them in stock. I'm sure there are other folks out there that don't mind paying a couple more bucks to have something sooner rather than later.

Cool?

Gopher

Potential Fireball
Reaction score
www.jamerspad.com
Wow, didnt even know they made things like this! And its even cheaper than buying those wrap-around velcro type warmers!

Anyone know if there's an equivalent product in the UK?? This is one thing I may have to add to my shopping list! :)

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last update!

My direct connect to the battery bit me in the arse last night as the bike was dead because I mistakenly left the grip switch on when I arrived at work in the morning. Had to get a jump start. I am definitely going to tap into the headlight power to ensure they power off when the bike is off.

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering about the direct connect to the battery. I too have a battery tender connection that I don't use and was considering that as a connection to the heaters if I get them. How about a relay off of the tender connection with the trigger line to the headlight? That way power is still from the battery and not drawing from the headlight. For some reason I'm just paranoid about my headlight circuit powering anything other than the headlight.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering about the direct connect to the battery. I too have a battery tender connection that I don't use and was considering that as a connection to the heaters if I get them. How about a relay off of the tender connection with the trigger line to the headlight? That way power is still from the battery and not drawing from the headlight. For some reason I'm just paranoid about my headlight circuit powering anything other than the headlight.

Well, sure, if you want to go and do it the right way then you can do it that way but where is the fun ad challenge in that?

taki

Reaction score
Visit site
question..ive been debating on installing some grip heaters, or just getting better gloves or windproof overgloves. im wondering, with heated grips, do the back of your hands still get very cold, but the palm area stays toasty warm?

can anybody answer these questions?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Right, but the original link was to a company that does not currently have them in stock.

I'd rather pay $10 - $15 more to have something on my doorstep next week, as opposed to having to wait and wait and wait for someone else to get it to ship it to me. By then, I could've ridden a couple dozen times and needed them.

Why bust my balls? I never said anyone has to buy them. I just said they have them in stock. I'm sure there are other folks out there that don't mind paying a couple more bucks to have something sooner rather than later.

Cool?

I wasn't trying to bust your balls... just asking a question, hence the "No offense". I didn't realize that they were out of stock. good luck and enjoy to anyone that orders them from anywhere for any price.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
can anybody answer these questions?

Re the back of the hands question, the combo of warmer gloves and grip warmers is a great option. But if you just had the grip warmers it will keep your blood warmer which flows throughout your hands. Kind of like those disposable toe warmers for boots (which shouldn't actually touch your toes, but on the balls of your feet) and the same style hand warmers on the back of your hands (which was my sub-par solution last winter).

Tom got this one correct, the warmers will help a lot with the back of the hands do to the blood being warm and through transference through the glove. I do notice however that the very tips of my fingers still get cold on extremely cold days (sub 30 degrees F)

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
During winter that grip position does not work well since they don't completely wrap over the stock grips (under the grips they should cover fine). With some ingenuity I rotated them toward the back under the palm and they are awesome. Only thing is you can see the wires but with some ingenuity they can be hidden well (especially the throttle side is a pain to keep that slack).

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
wow. thanks for bringing this thread back from the dead. i was wondering about getting something heated for my hands. i thought i was going to have to go the glove route because i have grip puppies and don't want to get rid of them. but knowing that i can put the warmers under the puppies... pure genius. i know something i'll be buying in the hear future.

one question though... has anyone looking into hooking up a potentiometer to these rather than a switch? does anyone know of any pots that would be suitable for a bike that is stored outside under a lean-to? having a simple on/off switch for the system, led to let you know it's on, and a pot to dial in your exact temp would be great.

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
Different heating element, different switch (less discrete) ...

I'd probably stay with the one that other members have tried and liked.

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed that it would probably do the same thing, though the switch is a lot bigger.

Follow-up on the original post solution: they've been on the bike for over a year and about 7000 miles and are still working perfectly! Cold, cool, rain, no problems. :thumbup: