heated grips work intermittently

robspain

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I fitted Oxford heated grips to my 07 S2 and they worked fine. I have now done the BD43 headlight mod and the heated grips have started to work intermittently. Sometimes they switch on ok and sometimes not. After getting them to switch on ok they then (sometimes) decide to switch off whilst on the move. I suppose it's possible that the grips are faulty but assuming they are not can anybody suggest a fix? Look forward to hearing from anyone.

If you have a meter, I would check to see what is happening at the controller, then move on to the grips if the controller is not at fault. Both grips? Ground is supplied via the controller as well, right?

The simplest test is to bypass the controller, and see if the grips heat up.......

Either the inputs to the controller are bad, or the output from it, is. Most likely.

Are the Oxfords the ones that connect directly to the battery and are supposed to turn off if you leave them turned on and the voltage drops? Your voltage may be too low with the additional headlight running for them to turn on. You'll probably need to check voltage right after starting and see what your're getting. It is possible to turn on the grips if you raise the revs up to 4 or 5k instead of idle?

Back