Help fuel pump fz6 n 2004

Snake1980

Reaction score
Visit site
Good evening everyone
I'm really desperate.
I ask your help.

I have a yamaha fz6 n 2004 and I disassembled the fuel pump.
When I removed the pump motor are also removed two pieces:
1 oring
1 piece of plastic
Now I can not more to replace the fuel pump.
These two pieces are to be united?
Will you send me photos of the correct assembly.
Thank you all

I attach photos to better explain the problem

http://i58.tinypic.com/25ezrcl.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/2i28odg.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/54yddk.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/14ilvfn.jpg

Snake1980

Reaction score
Visit site
25ezrcl.jpg

2i28odg.jpg

54yddk.jpg

54yddk.jpg

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not ignoring you but I have no idea what goes where as your pretty deep into it.

Yamaha often builds/assembles parts that only go together ONE way. Between that and looking closely at any marks, etc, may help you re-assemble it.

*The last picture seems to make sense. You have a black seal and then a yellow retainer on the outside to hold things together..

That or someone else will have to chime in.. Good luck..

Snake1980

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the reply

I believe that the piece of plastic must be inserted into the rubber , but I'm not sure .
If someone has the fuel pump assembly can post the photo of the base which supports the pump motor .
thanks
The bike is a fz6 N 2004

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to ask tho; if you slide the rubber seal into the housing, does the plastic ring then snap into the housing? Flange side towards motor/pump asm.

IMO - I doubt the plastic goes in first so there is no other choice UNLESS it does not go there at all.

From the pump, fluid goes up to the P/R, and the outlet. Does that fit in after the P/R somewhere on the outlet side? OR --> Any chance it goes on the inlet or filter side to hoe the pump in the housing?

From the first post links...
14ilvfn.jpg

There is another member here who recently had the pump apart several times for an internal leak - pressure regulator wouldnt seal, he may have some insight. [MENTION=26758]BloodsweatnGears[/MENTION] << lol Never mind, I see your post there! :D http://www.600riders.com/forum/gara...dies-help-2.html?highlight=pressure+regulator

Snake1980

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks
I have also sent a private message to BloodsweatnGears
I hope in your response.

I would just like to know if :

The piece of plastic must enter the piece of rubber ?

thanks

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks
I have also sent a private message to BloodsweatnGears
I hope in your response.

I would just like to know if :

The piece of plastic must enter the piece of rubber ?

thanks

I think not. Perhaps by applying pressure it helps expand the rubber seal.

Q? - Does it not fit into the housing if assembled? When trying to assemble the rest of the housing, does it not fully go together from the pump being too long?
Does the Plastic lock into the housing? Is it supposed to be inserted into the upper half and then insert the pump without the ring (ring is in upper housing). Also, gas or really thin application of petroleum jelly will ease the O-rings together without tearing them or fighting them.

Snake1980

Reaction score
Visit site
I do not know
If the two pieces must be joined to make greater pressure or must be separated to avoid that the rubber is raised .

Only the photo of a user who has the same fuel pump same as mine will remove all doubt .

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This Denso pump is used by least 5 other name brand bikes. It has minor changes to form and fit, but the function is the same as is the assembly process.

This Denso Triumph assembly looks a lot like ours! PS - the FJR forum has folks who used the return inlet to Fill the tank from an on board fuel cell to increase the distance between fuel stops. R1, R6, FZ6R, FJR, CBR, all variants of the same mold. Good luck!
01%20P1000572%20Fuel%20Pump%20Assembled%20with%20Text-XL.jpg

BloodsweatnGears

Reaction score
Visit site
I shot you a pm as well as responded to your post on my last thread. The plastic ring is nothing more than a spacer. As the post from the fuel pump slips into the rubber grommet the plastic spacer keeps it from going in too far. It is not supposed to fit into the rubber grommet.