Hi temperature on dashboard, bike won't start, no error code display, fuel pump not activating - SOL

i_ride_naked

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

my first post, but i would like to share the experience I had with a (simple) problem on my bike, because perhaps someone with similar problems might find this useful.

After winter, after I charged the battery, my beloved FZ6 didn't start. There was a 'HI' (high) temperature message on dashboard and no error code displayed. Fuel pump didn't start.

I searched service manual (around 600 pages) and no similar error was described. Of course I continued searching on the Internets in found out that some people experienced same problems but when they took their bikes to mechanic/dealer, they changed their locks, keys and ECUs - stating it could be the immobiliser problem. Then I found some hints that it could be faulty wiring or lose connectors around immobiliser and lock/dashboard.

I lifted the tank and poked the connectors around immobiliser (under seat) and just in case, shook the cables under dashboard, making sure that everything was firmly in place.

Started like a charm.

Theory that I have is, that it is possible, that when I was charging battery, when I removed the tank, that somehow I pulled some wires of of their place.

Good day :D

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

Yep, if you tilt the tank ALL THE BACK, its very easy to unplug the fuel pump.

I use a thick Home Depo painting mixing stick (its pretty thick, about 1.5" wide) to support the tank. Plenty of room to work under the tank and the wires aren't pulled taught.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to this great forum!

Glad you got your bike started! I would still check your plugs to make sure you've solved the problem so that you won't get stranded away from home. :)

vytas

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

my first post, but i would like to share the experience I had with a (simple) problem on my bike, because perhaps someone with similar problems might find this useful.

After winter, after I charged the battery, my beloved FZ6 didn't start. There was a 'HI' (high) temperature message on dashboard and no error code displayed. Fuel pump didn't start.

I searched service manual (around 600 pages) and no similar error was described. Of course I continued searching on the Internets in found out that some people experienced same problems but when they took their bikes to mechanic/dealer, they changed their locks, keys and ECUs - stating it could be the immobiliser problem. Then I found some hints that it could be faulty wiring or lose connectors around immobiliser and lock/dashboard.

I lifted the tank and poked the connectors around immobiliser (under seat) and just in case, shook the cables under dashboard, making sure that everything was firmly in place.

Started like a charm.

Theory that I have is, that it is possible, that when I was charging battery, when I removed the tank, that somehow I pulled some wires of of their place.

Good day :D

Hi,

Thanks for all info. I have the same problem with the error and engine doesn't start. I shook cables under the fuel tank and around dashboard, doesn't help..

I had this problem before, it was enough to touch cables around ignition, and error was disappearing. Now to shook the cables around ignition doesn't help and I believe it is some foully cable.

Maybe somebody know how to find that faulty cable ??

Thanks..

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for all info. I have the same problem with the error and engine doesn't start. I shook cables under the fuel tank and around dashboard, doesn't help..

I had this problem before, it was enough to touch cables around ignition, and error was disappearing. Now to shook the cables around ignition doesn't help and I believe it is some foully cable.

Thanks..

What EXACTLY is the bike doing/not doing when you turn on the key?

Does it spin over when the starter button is pushed? Just NOT FIRE?

Are you getting the fuel pump to prime?

Have you checked the voltage at the battery? Should be at least 12.8 sitting..

I'm assuming you have an immobilizer on the bike correct?

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks..
You may have a bad cable/harness. It could be where the wire is soldered to the ignition switch. It could be the wire is broken in the harness by the steering.
Please do give more information on the symptoms. :)

Sent from Moto's Motorola