High Beam

symtex

Reaction score
Visit site
While riding my high bean indicator comes on and off by itself. When its off the switch works and when it turns on by itself, if i rock the switch on and back off it stays on till it decides to turn back off. I assume the vibration has something to do with it. Also, I have not ridden at night yet, so Im not sure the actual high beam is on or just the indicator. I do have the high beam mod done, but not sure if that would play into it or not. The mod was done using the slick cable sold on here with required no splicing etc.. Great cable and easy to install. Ive been running the mod for a couple thousand miles without issue. What do the experts think?

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 ^^^ about the rocker switch.

Simply un-plugging the BD43 wire will help narrow down if the High Beam has anything to do with it..

You may be able to carefully pull that switch apart (watching out for springs popping out) or missing.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to disagree with the previous two: look at the "passing light" switch (the trigger finger switch for flashing the lights). The rocker switch having no effect, would lead me to think it's something else, and I've had that stick before.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to disagree with the previous two: look at the "passing light" switch (the trigger finger switch for flashing the lights). The rocker switch having no effect, would lead me to think it's something else, and I've had that stick before.

The US version doesn't have the passing light option.... High beam or low beam switch ONLY...

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Lol, then yeah I'd go rocker switch.

*as a side note: you haven't lived until you've swung into a corner on an empty road, hammering the trigger switch, shouting "daggadaggadagga" while engaging in an imaginary dog fight. Erm...........

symtex

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I suspect the switch as well, just wanted conformation before I tear it apart.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking about it as I wait broken down with my bike with a bad charging system, sometimes a blown filament in the H4 lamp will make it's own jumper and do that exact same thing. The lo beam filament breaks and jumps the voltage to the hi beam filament. It will light the hi beam indicator as well . Check the lamp. :) Try a new H4 lamp...

Sent from Moto's Motorola

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking about it as I wait broken down with my bike with a bad charging system, sometimes a blown filament in the H4 lamp will make it's own jumper and do that exact same thing. The lo beam filament breaks and jumps the voltage to the hi beam filament. It will light the hi beam indicator as well . Check the lamp. :) Try a new H4 lamp...

Sent from Moto's Motorola

As that switch, to my knowledge has (no flash to pass) never failed, agreed with Cliff, I would change that bulb out first as it'd be more likely than the switch to fail..

symtex

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode the bike last night and the bulb is indeed out. I will replace and see if the high beam indicator goes out. thanks.