High Mileage FZ6's

Yamarocket630

Reaction score
Visit site
I put almost 40k miles on my old FZR600 before I sold it. Several years ago, Motorcyclist magazine had an article on a 93 CBR900RR with over 100k on it all with the original owner.

shawn66mcl

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a few miles shy of 7,000 miles. I bought it in September and was gone for 8 months. I love riding it and have never had a problem, even got into a minor accident, picked it up and drove 80 miles home. My friend on the other hand just bought a 2008 Buell Lightning XB9S, he's had to bring it to the dealership for starting and rough idling twice. Just goes to show the high quality of engineering that went into our amazing bikes. I would plan on running it into the ground but that might take too long :thumbup:

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
05 with close to 38.000km on the clock. Had it for 11 months now, and have driven it 14.000 km's. That includes winterizing from the end of october to the end of march:thumbup:

chrisowski

Chrisowski
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought an 04 from my brother this summer (I think he is the guy from AZ referenced earlier in the thread). The bike has just under 75,000 miles on it. It still runs great, but he's always been vigilant with maintenance.

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
my 07 is a little over a 15 months old to me and she is getting the 16k done on Saturday! It would be more but I have been out of work for a couple months although that changed today :rockon:

Dandy D

Reaction score
Visit site
After reading through this thread my 24,000kms in 3 riding seasons on my FZ6 seems rather weak. :( She's put in storage from Nov 1 until about April 15 every....WINTER dammit! which doesn't help much.

But I did put 32,000kms on my previous bike, also my first, a GS500 over the same time frame...hmmm...I'm slowing down.

mib7289

Reaction score
Visit site
had mine for almost 5 months and put 4000m on now, obviously not as impressive as some of you. My old 89' cbr had 47,000m when i got rid of it, rode pretty good minus second gear.

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
this is a good topic, thanks for posting it up, gonna get back on 2 wheels soon,
real soon, and I plan to keep this one for a long time, so it's good to know you
can rack miles on these bikes, pretty sure the list is now whittled down to one

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
Gotta jump in here.

Have an 05, got it with just over 30k KM on the clock. SHe's now coming up for 85k KM. So me and her done about 50 together.

Mostly work and back, a few sunday runs, and more than a few marshalling events, herding cyclists through the backroads at 40km/h. And of course, going to get the next bunch, at more like 200 km/h :D

She hasn't left me standing yet. Despite a few issues, she takes me home everytime. :rockon:

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Only fitting walking dead is coming on soon because here comes a zombie thread... Just curious how many miles people have racked up in all this time... I'm finally up to 44k miles in WI on my 2008.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Only fitting walking dead is coming on soon because here comes a zombie thread... Just curious how many miles people have racked up in all this time... I'm finally up to 44k miles in WI on my 2008.

i don't think we have any members that are active from the last decade who responded to this thread.

MrR

Reaction score
Visit site
Waking up a sleeping thread...

My 09 S2 has 35k miles on it. Runs like clockwork & is used daily as a commuter + weekend toy. Had service/valve check in Apr 18 & EVERYTHING in spec!
Bought it Oct 17 with 27k on it.