hit a bird

crazy dave

Reaction score
Visit site
So I was riding on the parkway yesterday when a bird came out of nowhere. I ducked because it scared the $#!@ out of me but I still hit it with my helmet. Took a chunk of paint off. Poor bird :(

Wooot....a bird...not this is a first. Am glad nothing serious happen. Yeah poor bird man...you bird killer you....J/K :thumbup:

Lol i know it happens...its just a first for me tho. I just started riding in june

Oh nice. Just take it easy and ride within you limit. And of course, all the gear all the time. Hope you are doing this. But good luck with you bike and your riding experience, and stay away from them birds man...LOL...:rockon:

Yea i always wear full gear minus pants that i keep telling myself im going order n then my pockets go empty. Im glad it wasnt like a crane or hawk that i hit.

So I was riding on the parkway yesterday when a bird came out of nowhere. I ducked because it scared the $#!@ out of me but I still hit it with my helmet. Took a chunk of paint off. Poor bird :(

Forget the bird...POOR HELMET!!
Seriously though, I am glad you are alright. Imagine if you weren't wearing a helmet (like many in my state of Illinois), that chunk of paint would have been a chunk of scalp! :eek:

I think the helmet is just like part of the bike. It just doesnt look right for somebody to ride a bike, especially a sport (touring) bike without a full face helmet

ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR! Even if it smokin hot out. I've taken a bird in the chest, and on the windsceen (went up and over me). I ran over a cat last week, while cranked into a 90mph corner. Freaked me out a little, but it happend so fast. Poor kitty, I felt bad all day.

earlier this week i also got me a bird strike! took a bird to the left knee that flew up and over the bike. hurt like HELL but kept going. next day my knee was so swollen i could barely walk! like it was said earlier im just glad it wasnt something bigger. so far in my animal killing list i have several rebbits, squirrels (almost lost it in a curve sliding on a squirell) a turtle (It almost flipped me) 1 dog (cut it in half) and an armidillo (did flip me). plus numerous frogs, snakes, and such. so yeah im getting pretty good at thinning out the herd lol.

earlier this week i also got me a bird strike! took a bird to the left knee that flew up and over the bike. hurt like HELL but kept going. next day my knee was so swollen i could barely walk! like it was said earlier im just glad it wasnt something bigger. so far in my animal killing list i have several rebbits, squirrels (almost lost it in a curve sliding on a squirell) a turtle (It almost flipped me) 1 dog (cut it in half) and an armidillo (did flip me). plus numerous frogs, snakes, and such. so yeah im getting pretty good at thinning out the herd lol.

daaammn...ur just an animal executionist on wheels

daaammn...ur just an animal executionist on wheels

well i live and ride in the country and ride a lot. this is also over the course of 10 years also so the odds go up for me lol. ill tell you one thing. it hurts worse at 29 than it did at 19. this getting older crap sucks. :(

Last week this Formula 1 driver got hit by a 2 pound spring while he was going 160mph. He is fine now and I think I may buy a Schuberth Helmet next.

Check out 36 seconds in.. he was knocked unconscious.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pec6-r7FKZc&feature=related&fmt=18]YouTube - Felipe Massa crash zwolnione tempo[/ame]

Get these!

I keep meaning to order them. I have an owl, 3 or 4 squirrels, 1 or 2 smaller birds, countless frogs, a snake...

A friend of a friend has 2 bear strikes under his belt. My friend was there for one of them. (I know... "friend of a friend...":rolleyes:)

Also, somebody posted an FZ6 -vs- deer vid on here somewhere... can't find it though. If I remember correctly they were going 70+ and t-boned the poor bugger and KEPT THE BIKE UPRIGHT!!

:rof:

I love the results in parentheses... (almost flipped me)... (did flip me)

No Mammals, But The atrocities I have commited against the bug world will surely result in my saddam style hanging.:spank:

Thanked for "thinning out the herd" :)

Back