How much did you $spend on your fz6? $7200

Fazer'd

Reaction score
Visit site
2006 Red FZ6 - $3,300 - 9,300 miles

Minor scratches here and there but otherwise in good shape.

Had to go 3.5 hours away to get it though.

DBL

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up a very clean Red '07 FZ6 last week with just under 12,000 miles on it for $3500 just south of San Antonio. The best part was driving my truck 85MPH legally on the new section of the SH130 toll road on the way back to Hutto with the bike smiling at me in the rearview mirror. :D

:Sport:

FZ6frontleft.jpg

- David

'07 Yamaha FZ6 - Red

PAST BIKES

92Bit

Reaction score
Visit site
Got a red '06 FZ6 with just under 2,500 miles for $3,500 total cost. No damage, never laid down, fresh battery, oil change, factory tires, Leo Vince slip-on exhaust (CF) with CAT eliminator. Thought the deal was to good to be true, was worried that it had sat around to long. Previous owner agreed to have it inspected at the Yamaha dealer and fix anything if I would then purchase. Worked out great for me, they changed oil replaced battery and said it was good to go.

A bit over 1 month and 1000 miles later and I can say it's the best vehicle purchase I have ever made!:thumbup:

Last edited:

polydoc

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought mine with 7k miles a 2006 model in 2010 in excellent condition for $3500 from a private party. It was bone stock and now I have put a few grand into repairs, maintenance, gear, and mods... I'm in southern california. purchased it with huge chicken strips from a kid who knew nothing about it but wanted to buy a gsxr750. Well my dad and I held our tongues even though we wanted to let him know how much of a squid he was... Great price, great bike, essentially my first bike. first thing I ever rode was a yamaha qt50 "yamahopper" moped, then bought a used suzuki gs5003 fo my first bike but sold it before i even got my license, then landed this baby when all was well and damn am i glad i kept looking and looking because I almost didn't discover the fz6 and would prob be on an sv650 which I feel are not as well made, do not look as cool, and I simply love the i4 engine on these things.

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
2007 FZ6 w/1,900 miles (faster blue) and absolutely spotless. Dealer was asking $5,500. I gave them $2,500 plus my 2007 V-Star 650 w/4,000 miles (which I bought for $3,200 two years ago) and it was NOT absolutely spotless. Did I overpay? Yes. Am I bothered? Nope, I have a great bike which I love riding way more than the V-Star.

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
Got a red '06 FZ6 with just under 2,500 miles for $3,500 total cost. No damage, never laid down, fresh battery, oil change, factory tires, Leo Vince slip-on exhaust (CF) with CAT eliminator. Thought the deal was to good to be true, was worried that it had sat around to long. Previous owner agreed to have it inspected at the Yamaha dealer and fix anything if I would then purchase. Worked out great for me, they changed oil replaced battery and said it was good to go.

A bit over 1 month and 1000 miles later and I can say it's the best vehicle purchase I have ever made!:thumbup:

:welcome:

Do check the age and condition of those factory tires if they are original to the bike. 7+ years is too old, even if they have a lot of tread on them. You'll appreciate the performance boost of fresh rubber, especially in the wet weather we are having this summer. You'll want the bike in top shape if you are headed on a long trip soon.

How to check tire age:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/tire-tech-talk/43866-would-you-change-tires-if.html#post476463

Browse the tire threads to see what's recommended by forum members:

Tire Tech Talk - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

MakersTeleMark

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought my 05 with 9k miles two months ago for $3.4. Always garaged and cherry. Put 4+k on it since. Great bike. Couple of mods: rizzoma grips, shorty levers, crampbuster, gripbuddies, framesliders, fek, tank bag, comfort seat, and a bungie net. Filter and oil change, and a bunch of miles and smiles. So simple, fun, and easy. Love this bike. Good forum too.

parallax

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up my 2008 FZ6 with 8,200 miles today for $3,000. Extremely clean, I'm quite pleased! :thumbup:

IMAG12601.jpg

Last edited:

rickgu

Reaction score
Visit site
I paid $1500 for my 05 with 1400 miles on it last month. I need to get some new tires for it, it still has factory rubber on it.

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk 2

truckdude

Reaction score
Visit site
i paid $3,900 for my 2009 with 2077 miles. It was mint and came with Fieldsheer soft bags, frame sliders, an air horn, a Haynes manual, taller touring windshield (plus the stock one) and a K&N oil filter. But why am I sitting here typing this? Time for a ride!

rickgu

Reaction score
Visit site
You stole it from him go give that guy some more money.:D

I did feel bad, he started out at $2500. I told him I was going on vacation and we'll talk when I got back. After my vacation he hits me up and I asked him what his price was again and he said $1500. I bought it that same day.