How old is your battery?

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe I'm lucky but my battery is 7 years old and still fine!

I have the original battery from 2006 in my bike and never once has it failed to start the bike nor gone dead. I have dual HID projector headlights, LED POD lights and I charge my phone and/or GPS with a 12-volt adapter.

I do keep my bike in my heated basement in the winter and the battery is always on the tender if the bike will sit for more than 1 week at a time. Also it probably helps that the only time my bike sits at idle is the 30-90 seconds I let it warm up in the mornings before riding it, otherwise the RPMS are always between 4-8K.

Anyone have an older battery than me?

Because I posted this thread who wants to bet my battery dies on me this season? :BLAA:

Last edited:

stpetemike

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my 07 fz6 from a friend whose girlfriend bought it , dumped it twice and it sat in their garage for years. I made an offer and it has been mine for a while now.
Original battery was giving me issues when temps went below 50 this winter. Rather than become stranded somewhere I just last week bought a new battery and installed it. Of course now I have new battery , chain & sprockets , and steel braided front brake lines installed last week my foot peg cracked and fell off yesterday... Same side it fell on when OE dumped it. Glad it happened in the driveway and not the freeway.

So, you got me beat. I know OE charged the battery at least once and I never hooked it up to a charger as I commute a couple times or more a week.

Last edited:

Sigg79

Reaction score
Visit site
I still have the original battery, which will be six years old in June. I have heated grips installed, but nothing else that drains the battery.

The bike is stored indoors during the winter.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
08 with original battery, don't own a tender. I bring the battery inside in the winter an put it on a charger just before putting it back in for spring. Never had any problems with starting.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Original from'07. I keep it on the tender every night, I also ride year round. Dual headlight mod, phone/gps charger are my only drain and she works without fail.

Ares

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe I'm lucky but my battery is 7 years old and still fine!

I have the original battery from 2006 in my bike and never once has it failed to start the bike nor gone dead. I have dual HID projector headlights, LED POD lights and I charge my phone and/or GPS with a 12-volt adapter.

I do keep my bike in my heated basement in the winter and the battery is always on the tender if the bike will sit for more than 1 week at a time. Also it probably helps that the only time my bike sits at idle is the 30-90 seconds I let it warm up in the mornings before riding it, otherwise the RPMS are always between 4-8K.

Anyone have an older battery than me?

Because I posted this thread who wants to bet my battery dies on me this season? :BLAA:
8 years old this June, and likewise I bet mine dies now lol,

Neil

CNY Fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Original 04, never an issue, use Optimate tender. Question every year if I should change it out but the tender has not indicated any weakness with the battery so far! :BLAA:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Original 07, never used a tender, ride all year around (bar snow and ice), mainly commuting. My bike has been parked outside for many year's only recently I have a parking spot in an underground car park, but as it's a 10 minutes walk I only leave my bike there if I'm not going to be riding for a few days or if there is snow forecast, as it's close to the main road.

I use heated grips and also drained the battery a couple of times by leaving it on, a quick push start and it fired straight up again :thumbup:.

I also use a garmin, but this draws very little current anyway.

Last edited:

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
From 2006 and still original. Since I bought the bike in 2008 I always had a tender on every second week or so during winther. During winther bike has been kept at just above freezing temperatures (in non heated garage).
Never had any batteryissues so far - rarely running at idle for more than half a minute.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Too (c)old. I think my '06s stock battery has given up the ghost. Had to push start the last couple days I've gone riding, though it has been ~32* so I figure that has something to do with it.

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
Still on stock battery here purchased in Aug. of '06 never hooked to a trickle charger... and had to bump start shortly after purchasing when I noobily left my lights on... no issues since and it is stored in winter... Looking to change out to a lighter battery when it finally goes...

Jomomma

I'm not a Junior Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had my original battery from '07 until a few weeks ago. It started going to pot, and the bike would just quit while I was riding. Replaced it, and its been running like a dream ever since. Strange though...

RandyC

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my 07 FZ6 new from dealer in June 2008 and it still has original battery. I do not use a battery tender. It is still turning engine hard and fast. It has caused me some concerne because I have never had a car battery go past 4 years.

I am not sure when the battery is going to die and I am also not sure if it starts going out slowly or all of sudden it just dies.