I hate this winter!!

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
This is just a short little rant about this winter that is making me stir crazy! We haven't received a huge amount of snow in Wisconsin but when it did snow it was 10 to 20 below for a week after! It's the first week of March and there is still 3 feet of snow on the ground and I can't take it anymore!! We're going to Vegas in a month but I want to leave now and I won't be able to take my bike anywhere warm before then. UGH!! What's the weather like where you are at?

13nick31

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, Michigan has been terrible. Ann Arbor area has had about 86 inches for this winter and that's only 3 inches shy of the record.

Can't wait for spring...beyond annoyed with this snow

Don't Panic

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings, from Canada!

6a00d8341c19df53ef0147e1c31998970b-500wi

Don't Panic

Reaction score
Visit site
Not me, stock Google pic ;)

Realistically, there's been about 8" or so of snow around here, -20C has been a regular occurrence. Having said that, +3C tomorrow!!! Gonna ride to work for sure. Worst winter we've had in a long time, last year I didn't put the bike away.

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings from Canada!! Dont Panic lives in what us western Canadians refer to as the armpit of Canada......Ontario...J/K..;)

No snow in Vancouver here and sun on the way....:rockon:

Feel bad for you folks out east this year...new weather buzzwords Im hearing alot this year..."polar vortex"

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed. This winter blows. Last year, I didn't ride for only 2 months. It's been 4 months so far this year. Though it is supposed to be 60 degrees tomorrow....

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is just a short little rant about this winter that is making me stir crazy! We haven't received a huge amount of snow in Wisconsin but when it did snow it was 10 to 20 below for a week after! It's the first week of March and there is still 3 feet of snow on the ground and I can't take it anymore!! We're going to Vegas in a month but I want to leave now and I won't be able to take my bike anywhere warm before then. UGH!! What's the weather like where you are at?

I really feel sorry for you guys, we've had the mildest winter since 1700 (or something like that). Generally I put the bike away for between 2 weeks and a month for the worst of winter, but this year I've been riding the whole time. We've hardly had a frost and next to no snow/sleet or hail.
As I understand it there have been many extremes this year, for example the cold in N.America and the rain (and subsequent flooding) in the UK. Luckily we have had the UK as a buffer zone for the wet and windy atlantic weather this year ;)

Well on Sunday it should be getting up to 16 degrees celcius and sunny :cheer:, here's the weather forecast. The spring is in the air :thumbup: it's just a damned shame that I have a busy weekend otherwise I'd be riding.
I really hope that spring comes soon for you guys across the pond.

Last edited:

Don't Panic

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings from Canada!! Dont Panic lives in what us western Canadians refer to as the armpit of Canada......Ontario...J/K..;)

No snow in Vancouver here and sun on the way....:rockon:

Feel bad for you folks out east this year...new weather buzzwords Im hearing alot this year..."polar vortex"

You have no idea how badly I want to get out there!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Michigan rider here! Today is supposed to be 39!!!!! :D

Mid 20's all next week, but 39 today! Oh, and we still have 2 feet of snow.

stubbe45

Reaction score
Visit site
SE Wisconsin here, confirming it has been a long long winter. It is supposed to rain here today, a good start. I don't suspect it will be good for riding for a least another month. Will take awhile for the roads to get all the salt off.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Central VA here and though I can't compare to what you guys are dealing with in the mid-west this winter has been the worst winter in 20 years in Virginia!

We've had like 32" of snow (average winter is like 8-10").

We have seen the temp below 10F for TEN overnight lows so far and one dip to -6F (an all-time record!) Our average Jan-Feb low is 22F

Right now we still have some snow and ice left in the ditches and salt all over the roads, usually I'm riding by now but the bike is still collecting dust! :spank:

On the flip side...extended forecast for next Monday-Wednesday shows 68F as high! :rockon:

AdventAvalon

Reaction score
Visit site
Here from Missouri and I must say it has been terrible compared to the past few winters. Though today there is still snow on the ground with a forecast in the high 60's. It won't be there for long, haha! Spring, here we come! :D

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Chicago here, I had to go to Colorado in January to warm up! Going to Cali in March to keep defrosting!

Skiing and snowboarding if you're wondering...

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
You guys are just having a good old fashioned winter. The kind I grew up with in Minnesota during the 60's , sucks eh?

On the west coast we have had just he opposite of the rest of the country. A very mild and warm winter. That would be fine and dandy if we were not in a drought. Lack of winter rain and snow in the mountains is bad news.