i love my bike. But...

rhldshadow

rhldshadow
Reaction score
Visit site
I've done a lot to my bike i guess. But I just can't decide it i want to go street fighter or not. Really it just comes down to the front cowling. I just don't like it that much. Any thoughts or ideas on how to make it more sleek. Or what to change it too.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not much you can do with it looks-wise, besides using different wind screens.
If you don't spend a lot of time riding at highway speeds (70mph+) streetfighter is an awesome way to go.
I'm very happy I converted mine.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
i love mine too and i actually extended my front end out a extra inch from the stock mounting brackets and can feel a huge wind difference and i do lots of riding on interstates and wouldnt change it for the world

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
i love mine too and i actually extended my front end out a extra inch from the stock mounting brackets and can feel a huge wind difference and i do lots of riding on interstates and wouldnt change it for the world

Difference?... how?

I wouldn't do naked conversion either because I often travel via highways because there are no fun roads just nearby...

ssmotorcycle

The Emmy Winning Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with most of these gents. When I bought my '07, I had the fairing off of it and put on the dual can headlights within a week. In my profile photo you see top mount mirrors....those were on it temporarily while I order bar end mounts (Love Them). And just for the record, I hit the highways and biways all the time, 70+ and even did a nice stretch through NC where I kept it just over the ton for a while. Yea it was a little breezy, but for God's sake it's a motorcycle!!! Naked is OH SO NICE!!!!

Oh by the way, drag bars too! Lowered my seating position just a bit!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Difference?... how?

I wouldn't do naked conversion either because I often travel via highways because there are no fun roads just nearby...

i pushed the headlights and "windscreen" foward mainly so i could remount my speedo and see it better but being foward a little more helps to keep more wind off of me i can litterly run it all they way up to 150 pop up and not feel like im about to fly off the bike, its by no means as good as the stock setup but its 100% better then nothing

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
i pushed the headlights and "windscreen" foward mainly so i could remount my speedo and see it better but being foward a little more helps to keep more wind off of me i can litterly run it all they way up to 150 pop up and not feel like im about to fly off the bike, its by no means as good as the stock setup but its 100% better then nothing

I'll keep that stock then :)
Besides I am tired of fiddling with the fairing after my adventures with the Stebel horn and Xenon lights (hidding compressor, ballasts, cables and so on).