I woke up to a wonderful present today....

ChaosCrayons

Reaction score
Visit site
I went out to go to class and as I was gearing up and walking around my bike I noticed my rear tire looked funny. I get down to check it out and it is flat :banghead::banghead:. I tried to find a puncture and could not find anything so I put some air in it, check the pressure and let it sit for a bit. check the pressure again and its the same. I decide to chance it and ride it to class. when I come out of class the tire is softer and the pressure is lower but still not too bad so I ride it home (a total of 1 mile each way). but now the tire is again completely flat and I wonder if I can put air in it and ride it one more time? I ordered some new tires and they will be here next week but I have to get the bike to the shop neither I nor my friends have a truck or trailer. so do you guys think my destiny is to end up overpaying some schmuck to put replace the tires or in a fireball in the ditch somewhere?

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Just take the wheels off and bring them to the shop. This will save you money both on getting it there and removal and installation of the wheels.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I went out to go to class and as I was gearing up and walking around my bike I noticed my rear tire looked funny. I get down to check it out and it is flat :banghead::banghead:. I tried to find a puncture and could not find anything so I put some air in it, check the pressure and let it sit for a bit. check the pressure again and its the same. I decide to chance it and ride it to class. when I come out of class the tire is softer and the pressure is lower but still not too bad so I ride it home (a total of 1 mile each way). but now the tire is again completely flat and I wonder if I can put air in it and ride it one more time? I ordered some new tires and they will be here next week but I have to get the bike to the shop neither I nor my friends have a truck or trailer. so do you guys think my destiny is to end up overpaying some schmuck to put replace the tires or in a fireball in the ditch somewhere?

You have that fast a leak and you can't find it? Get a spray bottle, fill the tire and spray. Use some dish soap and water. Maybe you have a bad valve/insert? Once you find the mystery leak make sure you wash that wheel and tire good!:D

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Sorry to hear about your puncture, hope you can get it sorted for a reasonable price. I know exactly how you feel, I had the same thing happen to me on Wednesday, and I was just about to go on a local ride with a couple of other guys :banghead: oh well I've now got a new PR3 fitted (ready for the winter), but it left me without a bike for a few days, so it was public transport for me last Thursday :eek:
It never happens at a convenient time, just before the holidays, this is now my second flat on my Fizzer.
Good luck .