Insurance costs

Eviloliv3

I'm here for the women
Reaction score
Visit site
its 125 per month for the bike. full coverage. 23 years old, no tickets. with state farm whom i also insure my car

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine is exactly $271 for six months, full coverage but no medical. My agent said State Farm does not offer medical for motorcycles. For those who say you have it, I think this option is only for your car or truck.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
£175 for 12 months full comp, zero no claims bonus, £200 excess, legal cover.

Plus, I've just discovered after actually reading the policy - Well, the summary anyway - I'm covered in European Union countries as well.

No points, no accidents :)

Drevenflow

Reaction score
Visit site
I have State Farm for Auto & Renter's Insurance. Remember, if your car is broken into, the Renter's Ins is what replaces the stolen goods from in the car (they got my laptop, gym bag etc). Anywho...my new 2006 FZ6 is costing $249/6 mos. I have the same coverage as my truck, $250 deductible, un/underinsured motorist, medical, collision etc...and not the 'basics' either...a couple notches up.

For the collision ONLY, Gecio wanted $106/6mos.

For the same coverage I have now, Progressive wanted ~$2500.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
For all those who are from the UK and/or Northern Ireland, how much would I be expecting to pay on the FZ6 Fazer S2, I'm 22 with a full licence and have 1 year No claims bonus with 2 years NCB in January 2008 and will be living in Northern Ireland next month.

I want to chose a good insurance company who wont rip me off too much. If I have to pay over £800 I'd be annoyed. So any advice on that would be great! :)

S

sportrider

I have progressive full coverage comp/collision/uninsured motorist/med/towing
$500.00 deductible.
I paid $885.00 for the year. no accidents / no tickets

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
For all those who are from the UK and/or Northern Ireland, how much would I be expecting to pay on the FZ6 Fazer S2, I'm 22 with a full licence and have 1 year No claims bonus with 2 years NCB in January 2008 and will be living in Northern Ireland next month.

I want to chose a good insurance company who wont rip me off too much. If I have to pay over £800 I'd be annoyed. So any advice on that would be great! :)

Don't know at your age; 25 is the magic number, premiums start to tumble then. Try Bennett's, I got a fair deal through them.

They do an on-line quote system too

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Meh...they quoted me 1800 pound for it...they can go jump off a cliff!

I dont understand why 25 is such an important number...I'm 22 and can ride better than many other older riders. I've seen so many 30+ riders who haven't a clue. I've received alot of training and have completed a voluntary assessment on my riding and scored highly. So I guess the insurance companies are a bit twisted on that age restriction!

Bennetts dont recognise a restricted bike from what I can gather too. Maybe that would reduce my quote if they knew it wouldn't be full powered.

Rockhound

Stroked89Stanger
Reaction score
Visit site
sportrider, I work out in taft, but we are drilling geothermal out near the Salton Sea in the next few months, not sure if i have to go, but if i have the bike out there we should go for a ride!

S

sportrider

definitely!!! I know where the survey site is I've actually been supplying concrete to the location!!!(small world huh) bring your bike and we'll tear up Palomar!!!!!:thumbup:
:Sport:

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
heh

Is it because i'm nearly 40 and the insurance agent loves me, I cant tell. But I pay 26.00 us dollars per month for liability and comp with a 1,000 deductable. If I get hurt my insurance from work is top notch and they dont turn down accident injuries so I feel pretty good about it. For the record I have a perfect (knock on wood) driving record, no accidents, no dui, no tickets.

Jeremiah

Reaction score
Visit site
To those of you paying so little for insurance - don't forget to tell us who you're with please :)

So far I can't find anyone to insure me (full coverage, 500 deductible, no tickets, riding 3 years) for less than $1,500 annual. This is especially frustrating because GMAC Insurance originally quoted me $800 / yr - but when I called back, they claimed it was an "erroneous" quote.

Geico: $1,600
Nationwide: $1,569
Allstate: No one home on Sunday
Cosu-U-Less: $1,500 + brokerage fee
State Farm: No one home on Sunday
21st Century: Will only do a mcy policy if you have an auto policy, and only does mcy quotes Mon-Fri 9-5:00

If I would have known insurance was so much - I would have not gone with the FZ6 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Uhh, the FZ-6 is probably much cheaper and most other bikes of its nature as far as insurance.

The way I see it, I just need coverage on me and whatever I break that isn't the bike if I crash because if I go down, I am probably not going to need to get back on the bike for awhile, and will probably stop for awhile. And, if I save my money for three years instead of paying it into insurance, I will be able to buy a same year, similar miles bike with all the money.

So instead of being out at least $4500 for full coverage in 2010, I could crash the bike, have my plpd pay my medical bills and buy a 2007 for probably around that price. Or, if I don't crash, I could be ahead $4500, and not have to worry about it.

So, I just wrote a check for this year's insurance and it was $240 through progressive and I have over the legal minimum requirement in Michigan, and whoever is a passenger on my motorcycle is covered as well. Oh and I am 19/ no violations or tickets/ no accidents/ credit rating above 740/ cycle endorsement.

Oh and just for fun, I was looking for a truck and got something in the mail for AIG auto insurance, so I called them to get a quote, and it was $1958 every six months for full coverage with a $1000 deductable on a $15,000 vehicle. I called them and told them that it didn't make sense to me how they were in business with rates that high. It would have been interesting to see how much they wanted to charge me for motorcycle insurance. At costs like that, I might as well buy two of them and put one in storage, and just get the minimum coverage to cover medical bills if I crash. Then I would be set!

I just don't like insurance companies very much.

adam6177

Reaction score
Visit site
First off - the bike...... a 2006 FZ6.

Me:

27, just passed test -so no NCB, 3 point speeding fine in my car, standard immobiliser, bike garaged, 3000 miles a year.....fully comp insurance with Hastings direct for ₤477. So about $954 to our cross atlantic friends.

Could have gone TPF&T for ₤187....but its just not worth it!

Adam

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Maybe you could offer them the soul of your first born for a discount.
Unfortunately at 22 they see you as a high profit sorry I meant risk customer.
No matter how good you are you are in the dangerous age group and as such will subsidise the loonies who dont have your sense or ability.
Make sure you shop round thoroughly.

Whitey Dodge

Reaction score
sport-touring.org
Try Formost With Nationwide It The Most Inexpensive Around. The Rates In South Carolina Are Very High Too.

What are you paying? I have State Farm, with all the usual discounts and full coverage, max limits for the FZ6 and the yearly premium is $318.09. That is with $500 deduct. for comp and $1000 deduct for collision.

I do not plan on filing any claims under collision, unless the bike is totaled, thus I have a high deduct. on collision. For me collision is worth it at $86 a year.

schumacher62

Reaction score
Visit site
i made some more calls today, found another company who still wants 875 a year for insuring my bike. thats with the highest comp/collision, two bike discount, clean driving record.

the woman today told me that the fz6, because its such a popular high speed sportbike (heh) is one of the highest priced models to insure of all bikes.

like a previous poster said, and i feel traitorous saying this, but had i known the insurance costs, i would have further considered another bike to purchase as my second.

feijoo69

Reaction score
Visit site
Any one with a bike insurred in Massachussetts, USA?

Just got my first bike and i would like to know what is the best deal for FZ6 around here!