Its not in the Manual.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:rtfm: Hi guys,
Some of you may be aware that I have recently carried out a tank mod (aka The dent). I have looked in the manual for tank removal, and I am happy with this procedure. My tank will need a respray. Have any riders had to remove the fuel filler cap? If so, are there any special considerations. It looks like two hoses run directly from the cap. Any advise will be greatly appriciated.
Neil:Sport:

Ferris

Reaction score
Visit site
:rtfm: Hi guys,
Some of you may be aware that I have recently carried out a tank mod (aka The dent). I have looked in the manual for tank removal, and I am happy with this procedure. My tank will need a respray. Have any riders had to remove the fuel filler cap? If so, are there any special considerations. It looks like two hoses run directly from the cap. Any advise will be greatly appriciated.
Neil:Sport:

The filler cap is just held on by the allen bolts there should be no hoses. The pump though I'd remove before respraying. Unhook the hoses from the pump , then remove the pump and when reinstalling replace the o ring. Naturally plug up the filler cap and pump holes to prevent overspray.

Edit on second thought are you talking about the breather and drain hoses from the tank? Just remove and label...

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The filler cap is just held on by the allen bolts there should be no hoses. The pump though I'd remove before respraying. Unhook the hoses from the pump , then remove the pump and when reinstalling replace the o ring. Naturally plug up the filler cap and pump holes to prevent overspray.

Edit on second thought are you talking about the breather and drain hoses from the tank? Just remove and label...
Thanks mate, The diagram in the manual was a little un-clear. I didn't want to remove the cap to find all sorts of tubes. The tank is being sprayed by an auto shop so I presume they will take care of all the necessary precautions.