• Total voters

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site

LDO

Reaction score
Visit site
I would vote for the Scorpion Jacket. It has a few more options such as the removable liner and better armor protection. Plus $30 less is always good!

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey try goin to your local motorcycle dealer n haggle w them for gear... it worked great for me i saved my self 120 bucks n i didnt even buy my bike from them!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The Shift seems to be a better bet and even though it's got integrated back protection I would grab a back protector to stick in the back protector pocket because it doesn't look like it comes with one.

Also It has double 600D at the shoulders and elbows.

KBrink

Reaction score
Visit site
The Scorpion looks like a great deal, I've never owned one but others have said good things about them.
Joe Rocket jackets have always treated me well, but I'm not sure how they compare price wise. "Happy shopping" :D

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
The Shift Backdraft is a superior mesh jacket to the Airborne... and it's priced the same as the Airborne right now. Last year's Air Avenger (marked down to $120) is supposed to be the top of the line, but I don't like that you lose the collar when you remove the liner. I'm going to replace my Teknic mesh jacket with the Backdraft soon.

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. Iam leaning more towards the holeshot due to the price and reviews are good. I do like the Shift backdraft that was suggested as well. As for going to a local dealer, I went today and everything they had/could order was far more expensive except a tourmaster jacket (dont remember the exact model) for $120.

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
The removable liner is a nice thing to have. Keep shopping around or go to your local dealer like suggested before.
Also check out this one it's a good price on clearance, the only problem is that there is a little bit of a size limit as it is on clearance. I use the gray one.

Fieldsheer Congo Air Mesh Jacket - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

This is the first one I looked at, but I dont like the look of the huge logo across the chest and the reviews arent great.

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
I run the Tour Master Intake Air 2 Jacket
Tour Master Intake Air 2 Jacket - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore
It comes with two liners. One water proof/wind liner, and the other is a quilted liner. The jacket it self is light enough to be comfortable when it is 90F or with all the liners and a hoody I have ridden in at about 40F and been OK. It also has many adjustment points so that it fits you the way it needs to. It is hard armor in the elbow, shoulder, and soft armor in the back. All that said it is a little more expensive than the two you listed. I got mine for even less at shawmont than what the link list. However, don't do like I did, get the right jacket the first time. it will save you money later. This jacket fills all the roles of the changing Michigan weather with ease.

Pimpson

Reaction score
Visit site
My vote is for the Scorpion. I have the Stinger leather jacket and it's been great. I'm going on 3 years now, and it still looks and performs like new. Not a single stitch has came undone, no zipper malfunctions etc. It's the only jacket I have and I wear it on every ride.

fordfanmatt

Reaction score
Visit site
I am deciding between 2 jackets. I am a typical brokeish college student that is looking for some protective gear. I like both jackets about equally cosmetically, but want to know if anyone has tried either jacket? Also, which do you think would protect me more in a crash situation?

Shift Racing Airborne Mesh Jacket - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Scorpion Holeshot Jacket - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

check out STG. They are running a sale on shift.
Shift Street Apparel Sale from SportbikeTrackGear.com

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the help, I went with the Scorpion Holeshot and even though I havent actually been able to use it, I love the way it looks and fits!