last ride for a while

Flydoc

Reaction score
Visit site
In in the ER now waiting on a consult for my broken left tibia. I was
Riding slowly on a gravel road and hit a muddy area. The bike fell and the result is a badly broken tibia. Kind of puts a damper on the day.

Last edited:
Damn that sucks but I guess it could have been worse, gotta always keep your glass half full. I wish you a speedy recovery

Ouch! Get better soon! I've been hurt pretty bad and before you know it you'll be back on. :D

Last edited:
ouch! Hope you heal up real soon! Hope the bike isn't too bad either..

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Doesn't sound like fun. Any chance you can upload your xray so we can see it? Did you require surgery to fix the alignment of the fracture or just casting it up?

Words of advice: Do exactly what the doctors say in terms of how long to stay off the leg and also when and how much physical therapy to do. If you can adhere to those two things, you'll make for a speedy recovery and be back to riding in 2-3 months tops.

Additionally, if you're a smoker, please quit immediately. Smoking literally will inhibit your body's ability to heal that bone properly.

Send me a PM if you have any questions, happy to help out.

Dr. Rob

Sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you heal up fully and quickly.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Once again, I am touched by all of your well wishes. To answer your question Dr. Rob, I don't have the X-rays to post, but I've seen them. It's a fracture of the distal tibia which may involve the ankle joint. I'm an optometrist not an orthopod, so I don't know all the technical terminology. Anyway right now I'm in bed with my foot elevated and in a splint. Surgury to internally reduce the fracture will follow when the swelling diminishes. Rest assured I am following all doctor's orders and I'm a non smoker.

Last edited:
So it turns out that I have what is known as a pilon fracture, and that after surgery I will be non weight-bearing for three (!) months. All from a low speed low side while fully geared up. Just goes to show you never know what awaits you. Ride safe everyone.

So it turns out that I have what is known as a pilon fracture, and that after surgery I will be non weight-bearing for three (!) months. All from a low speed low side while fully geared up. Just goes to show you never know what awaits you. Ride safe everyone.

Did you roll, tumble, slide, hit something?? Im just curious. Glad your ok though :rockon:

I hit a muddy patch of road at maybe 6 mph and the bike just slid out from under me before I knew it. The bike fell on my left leg while sliding on the slick Virginia clay.

sorry about your accident, months go by faster than you think though, have a speedy recovery :thumbup:

Back