LED Lighting kits

playbygolf

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm debating on hiding some LED lights in strategic places on my 05 silver FZ6. Anyone have opinions on this? I've seen some other bikes with it, and if done right, I think give it a unique look that isn't flashy or overdone.

Coskie

Reaction score
Visit site
I think that since we have naked bikes, strategically placed LEDs could look pretty badass. You can get the white LEDs that will shine off your engine to give it a pretty freaking awesome look!

Take pictures : )

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
i've got em.

fz6nightfront.jpg

fz6nightrear.jpg

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the look of LED's if they are done cleanly and not too flashy. I saw a Ninja when in Helen, Ga over the 4th that had a few green LED's mounted inside the fairing. The way he had it done there were not intense light spots, the bike just had a soft green glow from inside the fairing. It looked sick!

Im thinking it will be kinda tough having the naked bike, but give it a shot.

My only advise would be to aim the LED towards plastic or towards an object so that the only light you see is being reflected off something. That way you loose the light spots.

-bryan

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the look of LED's if they are done cleanly and not too flashy. I saw a Ninja when in Helen, Ga over the 4th that had a few green LED's mounted inside the fairing. The way he had it done there were not intense light spots, the bike just had a soft green glow from inside the fairing. It looked sick!

Im thinking it will be kinda tough having the naked bike, but give it a shot.

My only advise would be to aim the LED towards plastic or towards an object so that the only light you see is being reflected off something. That way you loose the light spots.

-bryan

I see what your saying about light spots, the pic of mine does it no justice camera just happened to single them out, i have a nice even glow around the bike. There toggle switched also so that the LEO's wont hassle me:thumbup:

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
The geek in me just came out. I've got an Arduino and 2 BlinkMs.... thinking about 6 more BlinkMs ($13-15 a pop! :eek:) and I could make a wicked light setup.

Last edited:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I see what your saying about light spots, the pic of mine does it no justice camera just happened to single them out, i have a nice even glow around the bike. There toggle switched also so that the LEO's wont hassle me:thumbup:

Yea its hard to get the camera to not read to the lights. I am still trying to figure out how to do that sometimes when in intense lighting situations.

Good idea on the toggle switch.

Also there is a company out there that makes LED lighting kits specifically for bikes that apparently use less voltage and produce less heat than that of basic kits.

I will get back to you on the name of that company. I heard about them at VIR, the announcer was talking to the owner over the PA at one point. I saw there banners every where.

Just try googling Motorcycle LED kits

I think this is them maybe.
http://http://www.customdynamics.com/

-bryan

Last edited:

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a few Oznium LED modules sitting around from a custom taillight integration I did on my last bike - where did you guys mount them on the bottom of the bike to get an underglow?

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
:squid::squid::squid::squid::squid::squid::squid::squid::squid:

OK, it's out of my system! Just kiddin, if done right, it looks dope.

hint: someone should post a "how-to" on specifics and wiring etc...:thumbup:

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a few Oznium LED modules sitting around from a custom taillight integration I did on my last bike - where did you guys mount them on the bottom of the bike to get an underglow?

I've got one under the tail of the bike, two facing downward on the rear plastic pieces, one sitting directly on top of the transmission, eight of them ran around the inside lip of my gas tank and two of them on the inside front fairing. I can post pics later

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a bunch on mine...it is a whole kit from a local cycle shop. the good thing about the kits is they come with everything. Mine even came with a waterproof switch...