LED Strips on front fender.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
Installed two amber LED strips from oznium on the front fender this morning. Total time involved was about an hour, but I managed to procrastinate that over two days :p.

Youtube video head-on:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD9qDuRs9qo[/ame]

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
Did you have the strips set up as turn signals? I noticed that they flashed in the video. Very nice, looks great.

Yes, they're each tied into their respective turn signal. I simply had the hazard on in the video to make them both flash.
You'll note that there are no other turn signals up front. I had replaced my signals after an accident mangled one of the little brackets the 07+ models use with LED pod lights (which were unplugged for the video). The pod lights throw most of their light forward, these strips help that by shining to the side. I doubt they'll be much good during the day, but they're quite noticeable at night.

I hope to do something like this on the back as well.
Not sure if I'll follow Boneman's lead and put them in the side pods, or make up something of my own.
All of my LED strips came from Ozznium. There's a red set on the passenger foot-pegs facing back as auxiliary brake lights too.

Last edited:

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
heres an updated pic and vid of both the strips and pod lights:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVTsbizy33o]YouTube - FZ6 Dual LED Turn signals[/ame]

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have those flexi-leds inside my headlight housing. They looked cool for about 4 months until I fired up the bike in January and 3 leds had gone out in the middle of one of the strips....lame
DSC03798.jpg