Lights?

KnuckleBallz

Reaction score
Visit site
What's all this I see on here about headlight mods? Why not just ride with your high beams on? Then no one would tell you you had a light out. Or is the problem worse than that?

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
Well during the day this is fine and actually does make you more visible. But during the night you're gonna piss off and blind any oncoming motorists. So either go ahead and be an A$$ or ride with what appears to be a burnt out headlight. Or do the dual headlight mod.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Well said. Also at night, if you're going to run just low beam, it's a lot nicer to have two lights with a more even beam pattern.

In unrelated news, outasight, your signature is great.

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool, I will probably just leave it as is then. No problem turning it down for oncoming traffic at night.

I did the dual headlight mod and the light output on low beam was noticeably better, although not quite twice as good as one light. Now I have HID's in place of the stock bulbs so I just have one low beam and one high beam. But the single HID is incredibly bright compared to the dual halogens.

And pook, thanks!

KnuckleBallz

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice- I will keep that in mind. Only rode it last night when I picked it up. I'm still waiting for my new helmet to come in, so I may not be out for a little while. Trying to be safe and not ride in the crash helmet...

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe people aren't as friendly in New England but in 3.5 years on my FZ I only had two people tell me the headlight was out, and one was girlfriend before she knew about it.