Looking for a touring windscreen

JimInKC

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a 2004 FZ6 last month with the plan of using it to commute daily, about a 100 mile round trip. I am pretty tall at 6'3" and looking for reduce some of the wind buffeting by installing a taller, touring style windscreen. I wondered if any of you might have had experience or know who makes the tallest models.

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
I believe mine is the PUIG as well, I bought it used already had it on there. It's very nice, I love it. I can sit up on the highway without getting beaten up, AND it doesn't make the bike look any less sporty. Okay maybe a little, but still.

Mud

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I have a 2004, and am also 6'3".

I've tried the stock screen, the tall Yamaha shield, and I'm now running the Puig double bubble.

None of them remove the bad, loud turbulence.

The tall Yamaha shield had some weird effects at high speeds ( > 85mph) where I swear it affected the handling of the bike, but it did take the most wind off of me. Looked ugly though.

The Puig looks the best, but not much performance difference from stock.

This week, I totally removed the windscreen and rode around for a few days. Wow, the buffeting was gone! There was more wind to the body, but it wasn't bad, as the headlight / instrument panel breaks a lot of the wind. I would have left it like that, but it looks really ugly without the windscreen on there. I installed the Puig during lunch and the bad, loud turbulence was back. :(