Looking for an opinion on brake/clutch levers

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking to get new brake/clutch levers for the FZ6 and I have it narrowed down to two. The 7 click adjustable from The2Wheels and the FP Racing Sport lever from Motomummy. The ones from The2Wheels appeal to me because of the price but the FP's appeal to me because the workmanship seems better and they offer a medium length as I am not completely sold on either the long or short length. Anybody have any experience with either of these levers and can give some insight? Also wondering if you prefer short or long length.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the Twowheels long levers and have upgraded to JPR shortys which I love
the JPR come in half way price wise between 2wheels and Pazzo's

the 2wheels were black and started to discolour the JPR's are titanium and look cool on the bike colour wise and the length is about right for me

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lever length preference is a personal thing, for most part. It does depend on the bike too. I tend to prefer shorties for bikes with very short friction zone (like the FZ6) and long ones for the bikes with long friction zone (like the FZ1).

I've had 2 sets of black levers from the2wheels. Both worked perfectly, but both did change color from spending time in the sun. The more sun, the more discoloration. There is some up/down play (if you hold the lever at the very end and move it up/down) which made some people unhappy, but it does not affect operation in any way.

Also, any anodized aluminum will eventually fade if it spends enough time in the sun, but the levers from the2wheels (and many other vendors.. all made in same factory) will fade quicker.

If I wanted new levers, I'd buy the2wheels ones again without hesitating.

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
Lever length preference is a personal thing, for most part.

I guess the biggest question I have regarding lever length is there any performance difference between the two? Mainly is it harder to pull the clutch in with shorties? I like the looks of the shorties but don't want to get sore hands from a tighter pull from using just two fingers. Mainly on the clutch because I mostly just use two fingers for braking with the OEM levers.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess the biggest question I have regarding lever length is there any performance difference between the two? Mainly is it harder to pull the clutch in with shorties? I like the looks of the shorties but don't want to get sore hands from a tighter pull from using just two fingers. Mainly on the clutch because I mostly just use two fingers for braking with the OEM levers.

Yes, it takes more effort to pull the lever in. From my experience on FZ6, shorties are fantastic for super fast shifts and are not at all *too hard* to squeeze for normal riding, BUT.. if you're ever in stop-n-go traffic, you will be cursing them!