Low fuel

deadeyecash

Reaction score
Visit site
How far can I go on the low fuel trip meter before I am using "Moe" and "Joe" to get to the next station? I had heard 53 miles,but wasn't sure. Just a little side note,but does any one have problems keeping there FZ6 over in a curve? Just wondering!;)

I've gone as far as 43 miles and I felt I was pushing it. I think I had about 1/4 to 1/3 gallon in the tank when I refilled the tank.
So much would depend on how and where you are riding as to how far you can go on the reserve. I have gotten a high of 52MPG and a low of 34MPG. That is 18 miles difference. You can see how much variation that one gallon reserve can give you.

Search tab is your friend. There are tons of posts on this subject, with some funny stories.

Your pushing your luck at 50 miles on the light. Even after 40, you could go dry, I did.

Good way to know for your own riding style is to intentionally run out. Keep a large Coke bottle full of fuel in your tail pack, run it until your ride starts coughing, then you will have more confidence the next time you have to ask the question :)

FYI I have managed 60km on reserve with some spare. I'd say 40 miles would be bankable, more could be pushing it.

Ask this guy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuEdU_lrtZk]YouTube - Kramer test drives car on Seinfeld[/ame]

does any one have problems keeping there FZ6 over in a curve? Just wondering!;)

Nope. Continue countersteering all the way through the curve and it easily holds the lean angle (and will easily lean more if you countersteer harder).

35 miles with no problem but I was at 5K revs and being careful. I wouldn't advise any more than that if you can help it.

Back