Meta Alarm Issue

liamstears

Reaction score
Visit site
So meta alarm has been fine up till today, gave the bike a wash and forgot to turn the alarm off so it went off. Turned it off and carried on

When I finished I set the alarm for it to beep 3 times and flash twice, then it randomly beeped a few times and then went off

Thought maybe turn the engine over and try again but same problem

Just doesn't want to arm normally

Have made a video as I thought that would be easier: https://youtu.be/_9sAAJ7ibfo

Everything else seems to function as normal and I can still edit options on the alarm etc with no issues, only thing I haven't tried yet is auto arming

Anyone know whats going on here? Could I really of damaged the alarm washing the bike? Hope someone can shed some light...

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't offer much but you might take the time to unplug and examine all of the connections being made to the device as maybe one is compromised (Disconnect battery first)...
At the connector level, look for corrosion of pins, discoloration, anything growing, burns, melting or chaffing of any wires including the OEM wires. Pull and inspect all fuses too.

Reset it and program it again.

If all else fails, unplug unit and insert it in a bag of rice for 24hrs or 48 or more if possible. The new dry rice will absorb moisture from the device. Although I would think it should be well sealed.

Clean all connections with MAF cleaner and assemble with dielectric grease to keep moisture out.

Good luck.

liamstears

Reaction score
Visit site
Fixed it :-D

Don't know exactly what the problem was as all looked ok but unplugged it, blew out the connector and sprayed some electrical contact cleaner on it

All working again now

Strange but I'm happy lol

Thanks

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There is the possibility there was a path provided by water, salt or the combination in a plug/ connector related to voltage being seen by the alarm unit. If the alarm unit defaults to not setting, if, for instance, the ignition is left on, the alarm may have thought the ignition system was still active because voltage was being conducted. When the moisture/conductive media is removed the alarm is again satisfied and the conditions are correct and the alarm will then set.

See if your alarm behaves the same way if you leave the key in the on position. :)

Last edited: