• 40-60k

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • More than 60k

Votes: 9 5.7%

• Total voters

nemo961

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys: I was curious to see how many miles people have logged on their fz's and any major maintenance associated with it. I've heard of people going over 100k but wasn't sure what they did to keep it going.

Mines still fresh with only 15K

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure whether I should take part in the poll since I'm only 4 days in and now 3810mi from the 3750mi I bought it with...no maintenance yet!! lol

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I only have 21500 miles and just the usual stuff oil, filters, plugs. I replaced or upgraded a few parts because I wanted to not because they were worn out.

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
I have just over 30k. Have done oil/filter, tires, changed brake fluid, coolant, valve check at 26k (all within spec). Chain and sprokets were replaced around 20k.

All distances in miles

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In 2012 I picked up an 05 with 3k miles on it. Hardly anything was worn but everything was old so:
SS brake lines
New EBC HH pads
Flush coolant
Flush brake fluid
TB sync
New tires
New air filter
Numerous oil/filter changes (bike has 18k now)

Runs like a champ....Jeesh I love this sport!

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In 2012 I picked up an 05 with 3k miles on it. Hardly anything was worn but everything was old so:
SS brake lines
New EBC HH pads
Flush coolant
Flush brake fluid
TB sync
New tires
New air filter
Numerous oil/filter changes (bike has 18k now)

Runs like a champ....Jeesh I love this sport!
Ah! You reminded me about the SS brake lines, I was thinking of adding them to my Ninja but I'll just leave it be for the next person. The brakes still felt fine.

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
Bought my 09 this February with 2000 miles on it.. Just rolled the odometer over 12,000 miles today. Ive replaced nothing besides for oil & filter, and of course tires!!.. and exhaust..

AS for a little comparison...
Here is a little pic of my friends Buell 1125r at 9500 miles.... being prepped for service
Did a valve shim (needed it)
Insulated the frame/fuel tanke (so you didnt get baked off the bike)
Got a major rotor & stator re-work to cool the stator (already ate one stator in its life)

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bought my 09 this February with 2000 miles on it.. Just rolled the odometer over 12,000 miles today. Ive replaced nothing besides for oil & filter, and of course tires!!.. and exhaust..

AS for a little comparison...
Here is a little pic of my friends Buell 1125r at 9500 miles.... being prepped for service
Did a valve shim (needed it)
Insulated the frame/fuel tanke (so you didnt get baked off the bike)
Got a major rotor & stator re-work to cool the stator (already ate one stator in its life)
Gotta love that belt drive though, that's something I wouldn't mind having from a Buell :squid:

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bought a 2009 with 0 miles, now have a bit over 4500 miles. I wasn't riding it for about two years when I was stationed overseas though, so just started riding it again about a month and a half ago.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
18,000 miles on my 2006. Tires, oil, spark plugs, TB sync, coolant and brake fluids.

It would have a lot more miles but a 7 mile commute and a second bike really keep the miles down on the Mantis!

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
33,000 miles on my girl. TB sync, swingarm pivot lube, new fork seals and oil, new chain and sprockets, several sets of tires, spark plugs, air filters, oil, coolant changes, new throttle cable, new clutch cable, no valve adjustment yet (I really need to do this), steering head bearings (stock ones were fine but upgraded to roller bearings), new battery, and new brake pads front and rear.

With that said, I take meticulous care of my bike and it still looks brand new, the only actual problems I've had we're the throttle cable snapping and a leaking fork seal.

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike is just shy of 25,000 miles, and I've put 10,000 on myself. Oil changes, air filter, tires, just did plugs, will be doing chain and sprockets soon.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Just turned 20k miles a week ago.

Besides standard stuff, just did ss lines. Pads are still stock.

Things I'm doing or considering for this winter (~26k):
-Steering head bearings
-Pads and seals
-Fork seals
-Plugs
-TB sync
-Valve check
-Chain/sprockets

8e7e7apa.jpg

Last edited:

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just rolled past 20K miles today. Bought it a year and a half ago with 10K. Tires, oil, chain, and most recently front wheel bearings, which was completely unnecessary but fun anyway. Steering bearings next.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Just rolled past 20K miles today. Bought it a year and a half ago with 10K. Tires, oil, chain, and most recently front wheel bearings, which was completely unnecessary but fun anyway. Steering bearings next.

Ha - we're neck and neck. It had 9,500 when bought last April.