Mrs. is now a "Liter Mama!" ***REVEAL*** New paint!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Mrs. is now a "Liter Mama!"

Very nice....interesting color choice! You both look so happy!

Thanks! I'm happy because the build is FINALLY over! ;) She absolutely loves how it came out. That is all that matters to me! :rockon:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Mrs. is now a "Liter Mama!"

Very nice....interesting color choice! You both look so happy!

And wit 2 x FZ1s hanging out int he garage, why wouldn't they be happy?

Looks awesome and we will need to get a ride together as soon as the weather cooperates... I am not getting my first ride of the year probably until Wednesday because of winter hanging on...

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also, who did the paint? I am looking for a few pieces to get painted and want to find somewhere reasonably priced and good

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you guys taken her's out for a spin yet? Looks like you still have snow!

Today is the official ride but yesterday after we got it done, she did a slow ride through the cul de sac that we live in. ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMWyn7vqbgI]YouTube - Maiden FZ1 voyage[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bKyG9KBXZg]YouTube - FZ1 maiden voyage two![/ame]

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also, who did the paint? I am looking for a few pieces to get painted and want to find somewhere reasonably priced and good

We hope to get a ride in today. We plan on heading down to MA to pop in on Norm who just returned from a couple months in FL.

The paint was done by AMG Autobody here in Madbury. He uses only Dupont paints and mixes them all right there. We saved over $800 in labor by prepping the stuff ourselves. I made this video showing exactly what he showed me what he expected. ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ae10k4Fhl4]YouTube - Paint Prep for her FZ1[/ame]

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great! I didn't think I wanted an FZ1, but you are starting to make me need one more and more. Can't wait to see you guys, soon I hope.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
She look's very happy with her new toy. Is that stock exhaust on it?

She's VERY happy! :thumbup: Yes, that is the stock potato launcher. I'm unsure if she'll let me put a slip-on there to replace it but I at least plan on blacking out the caps on it.

Here's some more close-up shots of her paint. These tell the tale a bit better.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:BLAA: :rockon:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A couple of the MANY pics along the way. I have to thank Brenda (Lytehouse) for the recommendation of the lowering link and kickstand. :thumbup:

You can see that after scuff and prior to paint, the parts had fun with some tubby time. :D

Now THIS is how you do Naked on an FZ! :D

attachment.php

Older shot because I went even lower in the fork legs than this in the end. .825" at the moment.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Bath time!!!

attachment.php

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Let's try this one... If you go to Youtube and watch the 1080p version, I think it best highlights the paint job on the bike. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UBJ3g3ByEY]YouTube - 2007 Yamaha FZ1 - Wife's new paint in Mystic Purple Mica Pearl[/ame]

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A couple of the MANY pics along the way. I have to thank Brenda (Lytehouse) for the recommendation of the lowering link and kickstand. :thumbup:

You are very Welcome!

Anything to help out a friend......you guys have done the same for me :blowkiss: