Mrs. is now a "Liter Mama!" ***REVEAL*** New paint!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As you all know, my wife was sporting the FZ6R. She handles it well and loves to ride... but something was wrong. She wanted to go buy heated gear and extend the season starting next year. Well, we all know that the FZ6 and R do not have a lot of extra wattage available. So, she asked me, "What does?" I told her that Norm wore all the gear she wanted plus runs his GPS without any issues on the FZ1. So, she says "I want one."

Well, I struck a deal that is quite a shuffle board with thanks to Norm and one of his great friends, John. John wanted a smaller less expensive bike. But John only has a 29" inseam. He was almost set to buy an '09 holdover FZ6. He knew it was a challenge and he isn't that confident on a bike yet having just gotten his license and only riding a 250 for a while. Meanwhile, Norm had scored a STEAL on a used '07 FZ1 but when he'd gone to the showroom with John, they had a 0 miles '08 FZ1 on the floor in candy red. Norm wanted THAT one badly but how could he justify it after just getting the used one? So, learning of this, I proposed a solution for Norm and John. John would have had to finance some of the FZ6. MY wife wants an FZ1. Norm wants a red 0 miles FZ1.

Solution?
  • John gives Norm his cash.
  • Michele signs her title and gives her FZ6R to John
  • Norm signs his title and gives Michele his used FZ1
  • Norm takes John's cash, pitches the difference, and gets the red FZ1

So, today, that all came about. I delivered the FZ6R to John, the dealer delivered Norm an FZ1 and I picked up Norms used FZ1 and now everyone is happy!!! So here's a some crappy Blackberry picks of Michele's "new" FZ1, Norms NEW FZ1 and Michele's bike parked with my bike now hibernating.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Mrs. is now a "Liter Mama!"

That's awesome! Looks like a win, win, win, win situation. :thumbup:

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site

Looks like a win win for everybody. Happy for all of you. enjoy the ride:thumbup:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site

yay! new bike. :cheer:

btw, don't tell the wife: you can run heated gear and a gps on an fz6. :D
if you're in stop and go traffic, dial down the heat.
the current draw from a gps is a non-issue.
as long as you're moving you're fine.
i've done it plenty of times (on an fz6, not fz6r)....

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

perfect, now both of you have nicer bikes than me :)

looking good!

She said "My last bike was nicer than his." j/k! LOL! Thanks Rob!

And thanks all! This one is going to be a project all on its own. By the time spring comes, it will transform into a whole new look for her. :D Let me say that this involves a rather extensive tear down. :thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

She said "My last bike was nicer than his." j/k! LOL! Thanks Rob!

And thanks all! This one is going to be a project all on its own. By the time spring comes, it will transform into a whole new look for her. :D Let me say that this involves a rather extensive tear down. :thumbup:

oh.... i would tend to disagree with the FZ6R being nicer then the FZ6... but even women are allowed to be wrong every now and then :BLAA:.
Let me know when the busted knuckle garage opens it's doors and turns on the heat. Maybe we can come by and play with her bike while all the lil ladies play together. (Keira, Michele, Bridgette, Cadence...)

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

oh.... i would tend to disagree with the FZ6R being nicer then the FZ6... but even women are allowed to be wrong every now and then :BLAA:.
Let me know when the busted knuckle garage opens it's doors and turns on the heat. Maybe we can come by and play with her bike while all the lil ladies play together. (Keira, Michele, Bridgette, Cadence...)

;) We WOULD have had full insulation and heat out there by now but I had to spend the home improvement funds on a new snow blower. :( But still a :) because this Ariens blower is a dream machine!

We've added a LOT of tools and specialty items since the last garage event.

As for the ladies, let's get them together sooner than later! Playdate for the little ones and well, wrenching for the guys! :D

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Sounds like everyone came up trumps on this one :thumbup:
Congratulations to your missus :cheer:

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Nice, Eric & Michelle!! Congrats, so much happening there I had to do a re-read...I presume it may involve a lowering link and some fork mods? Good luck and enjoy!!

Eric.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks all! And she thanks you as well. :D

Yes Eric, there is already a lowering link on the way. I have to figure out a kickstand because $139 for an adjustable is robbery! There are already mods waiting for install and then, there is some sort of transformation that this beast will endure before being unveiled in the spring for the maiden voyage. ;) I cannot give away the secret.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Twins

Just a quick shot of the twins together tonight. I had to roll them out to get some work done so I shot this at twilight.... They're back in the stable and plugged in.... hibernating. :rockon:

attachment.php

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

As mentioned, bought the FZ1 for her and then got a smokin' deal on a lower fairing kit. Well, a lot of sanding later, we dropped it all off at the paint shop and today, I finished her 2007 1-of-a-kind Yamaha Mystic Purple Mica Pearl FZ1. Hope you all like it!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php