My daughter can ride her bike

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My eldest daughter can ride her bike since Thursday, without stablisors.
We've been practicing with her this weekend and there is no stopping her now.
Who knows she might even enjoy real biking when she's older ;)

W

wrightme43

Cool man.
Now its time for
Honda Motorcycles

Mwaaa Mwaaaa Mwaaaa

Its really really cool. It has a adjustable throttle, you can set it so that it will only go 5-6 mph.

J

jsteinb95

cool. How old is she? I've tried to get my kid's riding without training wheels, but they have bad tempers and they don't want to listen.

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, what kind of parent are you!!! Where is her armor? Where is her helmet? Where is her cool biker chick outfit??? Just joking. Her new found experience of freedom can only be experienced!!!:thumbup:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've often thought stabilizers make learning to ride a bike harder.

Grommit,
I know what you mean, whilst learning she quite often leant over as if she had stabilizers (training wheels) which didn't speed things up.
The real reason she started with stabilizers is that all her friends were cycling (without) and she used to play with them.
In hind-sight it's worked out quite well, because she has been using a bike with stabilizers for a while now, she's really good with breaking, stopping, crossing the road and checking for other cyclists. In short she's really confident with the bike after only a couple of days of riding.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No... I am addicted -- check out this link:
crazyguyonabike.com: Miller Family Bike Ride,

That is crazy ;) How many miles?? but it is for a very good cause.:thumbup:

I used to cycle 100miles on a sunday in my teenage years, but that was maybe once a month. I think I rode about 600 miles one summer holiday carrying a tent and paniers, but that was at my peak, it's all been downhill from there ;)

Anyway I only use the bike for around town now, and occasionally for the beach in the summer months (aprox 5 miles) but that is with two girls on board.

I hope when both girls cycle well we can go further afield.

Anyway I hope you (and your family) can cope with your addiction ;)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
cool. How old is she? I've tried to get my kid's riding without training wheels, but they have bad tempers and they don't want to listen.

She is 5 (6 in April), she was the last one in her class at school to learn cycling.
It really helped that lots of her friends rode bikes, so she really wanted to join in, peer pressure does have its upsides too.

I must admit I had problems with my back a couple of times (running along supporting her) until I found the "biky biky" ( BikyBiky ) which is basically a handle on the back of a (sturdy) waist jacket. So you run around a bit, supporting and holding on, and not have to continually bend down. I think this would only work if your kid's not too heavy.

Obviously the many flat cyclepaths around here have also helped.

She was not a quick learner but it really helped that she wanted to do it.

Maybe you can make it into a game with some of his friends who can cycle? or offer a reward if he tries. These are just idea's and I'm sure you've tried them all.

Good luck, but I don't think cycling is as important in the US where everything is geared up for cages and motorbikes. It's important for us as the kids are getting too big to both fit on my (or the wifes) bike. Here in Alkmaar there are some places that take 15 minutes to drive and 5 minutes to cycle, so it would otherwise seriously affect our mobility.

I think we're going to have more problems with our youngest, she is not at all interested in bikes, we will have to see......

B

Bo67

Congrats! My daughter still uses her training wheels on her bike but loves sitting on the FZ6 and reving the throttle.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
That is crazy ;) How many miles?? but it is for a very good cause.:thumbup:

I used to cycle 100miles on a sunday in my teenage years, but that was maybe once a month. I think I rode about 600 miles one summer holiday carrying a tent and paniers, but that was at my peak, it's all been downhill from there ;)

Anyway I only use the bike for around town now, and occasionally for the beach in the summer months (aprox 5 miles) but that is with two girls on board.

I hope when both girls cycle well we can go further afield.

Anyway I hope you (and your family) can cope with your addiction ;)

it was 3791 miles in 50 days ---- 11 states and part of Canada 122,000 feet of verticle 6 moiuntian ranges 5 flat tires no rain $26,000 raised for the Lance Armstrong Foundation for cancer victims and research