My Day From Hell----*ACCIDENT*

H

HavBlue

I still had the brake on.....I think he jumped the gun and started moving before I did and gave it too much gas....then hit me!!!

This is one reason I do not line up in the middle of a lane when stopped. always one extreme or the other so this way if the idiot wakes up he has some room. Glad to hear you're OK and I hope the bike turns out that way too....

Charlie

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm really sorry to say this, but I think it'll be a LONG TIME before any repairs/replacements take place. Cars and bikes are FAST, but insurance is SLOW. I know this isn't the kind of information you want to read, but at least now you won't be surprised.

Your patience is going to be tried.

MVent

Reaction score
Visit site
Find a dealer to do the repairs if you can. Demand new parts for the ones that are damaged. "Equivalent" parts, as far as your bike is concerned, are new parts.

Don't be nice about getting your bike fixed and keep close tabs on what's being done to fix your bike.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Bummer! I am sure it would have felt good to open a can of woop ass on the guy but then we all do make mistakes. At least he got a ticket, time to get a second bike to ride while the shop fixes yours. It all could have been much worse.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just because we are stopped at a light doesn't necessarily mean it's a time to relax and enjoy the scenery and fresh air, we have no crumple zone, so always pay attention to your surroundings. Thanks for the post Gemini77, and glad you are OK! Kind of nice that a cop showed up when you needed one.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My day was going very good until 1:13pm today.....I was the 2nd vehicle in line at a stop light wen some guy behind rear ends me!!! Me and the bike went down. After about 30 seconds I get up and the guy is saying, "DUDE, IM SORRY....IM SORRY"....at that point all I wanted to do was reach through the window and start punching him!!! Just as I start walking to the car, a cop come around the corner......

This was a BRAND NEW BIKE (2007 Yamaha FZ6) with less than 40 miles on it!!! So you can imagine how mad I was. With the cops help I get the bike back up and see that liquid is leaking from the bottom, im thinking that my bike is dead and that guy should be too!!!

So the cop gets our info...the guy gets a ticket and he starts to yell at the cop, "why am I getting a ticket?" I wanted to say because your ass hit me!!!

The guy had insurance through GEICO and they have already contacted me to get the ball rolling on getting the bike repaired. When I get a moment I will be stoping by the repair shop to get pictures which I will post here....from what I saw the back end is smashed in, the right side foot brake is bent up, scratches up and don the side, the front rurn signal is broken and the front fairing is scratched......all this happen about 1 hour after I bought some sliders on e-bay!!!

I never thought this would happen to me.....at least not this soon....ITS ANEW BIKE!!! Thank GOD I had on my gear and im ok....I'll keep ou all posted on the bikes progress.
As has been said,
I am glad your ok to. This has been your worst day and your best day in a funny kind of way.
Yes your bike got screwed; thank God the blind wanker driver has insurance.
It is unbelievable how many people don't have insurance.
If possible I would try to keep all the damaged parts, that way you can have some track day bolt on’s.
Get everything that is scratched fixed as Scorph has mentioned.

Nelly

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, that sucks. My first ride ever was a Ninja 500. I had it for 4 months, then a lady decided that she didn't have to obey the red light, and ran it. Just so happens I was in her path in the middle of the intesection.

... you can imagine what who wins the battle between a Ninja 500 and a Mercedes SUV...

Anyway, her insurance covered the complete cost of my bike (it was a total loss).

Good luck!

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Get out! Reminds me of the time I was waiting at a light in my just re-upholstered 1973 Ford Pinto. Rear ended good. Ended up, however, avoiding a total and getting a brand new, black, exterior paint job on the restored body. Geesh, with so few miles...you'd think that you could just get another new ride but I guess not. That sucks. You didn't even have your plate yet, huh?

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
Sorry to hear about your accident and glad you are ok. I commute almost everyday and just as others have said you really have to keep your head on a swivel. I'm a new rider so I never noticed how crazy car drivers were until I got a bike...hopefully I was not one of those crazy folks. Hope you get it fixed soon.

S

sportrider

glad your ok!!! here is a perfect example of why I always "filter" at signal lights.