Need for Speed Shift?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have it yet? If so what do you think? The TV Trailer looks great.

Anarchy

Reaction score
Visit site
I could never get into the NFS games that were on the track like Pro Street. I always liked Underground 2 for the cars and Most Wanted for the Cops. Best one of all time was NFS 3 though.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I found the trailer,and I also found out I won't be able to get it ,because i don't have a PS3.....I still play my PS2,and as long as I can keep on getting new games or at least (new to me games) i'm going hold off on buying the PS3.... The NFS Shift looks incredible though!! very tempting!! :D :rockon: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuq9HZw_T2g]YouTube - Need For Speed Shift - Teaser Trailer HQ[/ame]

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I have the PC version and was a little disappointed early on by the HEAVY graphics requirements (I am running it on HD though @ 1920X1080, on a 52" screen lol), but after tweaking it a bit it now runs nicely... pretty awesome simulation, which is nothing like previous NFS games (more arcade)... I have only played like 30min so far, and of course tried the Willow Springs track (Hellgate, that's Big Willow, where we raced!!)... pretty sick!!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I have the PC version and was a little disappointed early on by the HEAVY graphics requirements (I am running it on HD though @ 1920X1080, on a 52" screen lol), but after tweaking it a bit it now runs nicely... pretty awesome simulation, which is nothing like previous NFS games (more arcade)... I have only played like 30min so far, and of course tried the Willow Springs track (Hellgate, that's Big Willow, where we raced!!)... pretty sick!!

I saw the trailer with Willow and it looked pretty authentic, what did you think?

I may have to pick up the XBOX version...

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
"Pretty authentic" is right... they added a lot of crap around the track (flashing turning signs, stands, ads etc etc), which makes it a bit weird, but the layout was close enough I guess... any track will be different in real life compared to a computer simulation, because in real life you can feel the grooves on the pavement, the little bumps here and there, you pick certain braking markers (totally diff in the game) etc... which is probably why I could not completely identify to my real life experience when playing, so I was a bit disappointed at first, but it was fun nonetheless!

I did a 1'39 on the gixxer in real life and could not get below the 1'50s in the game driving a Honda S2000 :D that made me feel good LOL

Last edited:

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the PSP version since I don't have a PS3 either. Not sure how much it differs from the PC/PS3 versions. I liked in the older ones how you could upgrade a lot of stuff and choose between lots of different cars. In this one you unlock parts SLOWLY. I'm on the third boss battle race thing and haven't unlocked a single part yet, placing first in every race. Also a lot less cars than previous ones. Start with a VW (no choice) and get one car per series (about 4-5 races). The nitrous is worthless in the Challenger if you are going to touch the steering wheel in the next mile. Overall I'd give it about a 7, and I'm still afraid its going to be better than the new Gran Turismo:(