Need some conversion help (twin dominator)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't care what the rest of the forum says about you, you are a good guy in my eyes ;)

LOL.. I could be wrong too, but I'm fairly certain that BD43 mod was operating the right side of stock setup correctly: low would be on in low setting and low would turn OFF and high would turn ON in high setting.

I can definitely see low turning off with my current setup. Light pattern completely changes (near part disappears). I also had to play with wires not too long ago (when one of the wires burned up under the tank and had to be tracked down) and voltage meter was showing that it would only complete circuit to ground and 1 wire in low and to ground and the other wire on high. Never to all 3. :don'tknow:

subaron

Reaction score
Visit site
Almost done. Still waiting for mirrors and have to clean up the wiring (got a full tank, so it'll be a few days before I can pull that sucker up).

Thanks once again for the helpful replies! :thumbup:

Spent about an hour in the saddle so far. Here are my impressions:

Wind noise: I intentionally rode without ear plugs (I use them 99% of the time). Much much quieter than with fairing. I'll use plugs on next ride.. I have a feeling it'll be just about silent.

Buffeting: What buffeting? :D

Light output: Much better than stock. Low beam has a wider pattern, making it easier to see into turns.

Bugs: I knew this part was going to be worse. Rode at dusk, yesterday and I was hitting so many bugs it almost felt like I was riding in the rain. The good part though is that they're not all directed to my helmet shield as they were with fairing.

My ultra-professional, hand-fabricated speedometer bracket:
(a bit concerned about the single mounting point.. hope it doesn't crack over time from vibration)

speedo_bracket.jpg

And here's my nearly-finished bike:

sf1.jpg

How did the speedometer mount you built hold up?