need to know some info on tire settings

FZ6_wwjd

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey my brother gave me my 2004 fz6 the faster blue one lol for my.2004 gz250 I need to do a lot of work to her.I have michalen tires on front and back I'm 5 4 and I weigh like 100-105 max so I kind of just wanted to know maybe what tire pressure because I have no manual I have the preload on setting one tires are like front 27 and back 25 pounds thanks for all the info

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just as important as tire pressure, how old are those tires?

After so many years, the tire will start losing it's grip. Old tires are not good, even if you have plenty of tread.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
opps- Sawblade has it backawards. 33 front and 36 rear for under 200 LB ( according to the sticker on my 07)

FZ6_wwjd

Reaction score
Visit site
I have no clue really how old the tired are I need some more I know but back is about bald in center and front is a lot better than rear but ill replace it also, thanks for the info so far. I am the third owner and it has now roughly 18000 miles on it so I consider it pretty good condition except I need all body fairing

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have no clue really how old the tired are I need some more I know but back is about bald in center and front is a lot better than rear but ill replace it also, thanks for the info so far. I am the third owner and it has now roughly 18000 miles on it so I consider it pretty good condition except I need all body fairing

Forget the tire pressure, sounds like you need to get new tires. This is a motorcycle, not a car. You only have two, have one of them fail and it can be catastrophic for any rider, expecially for a new rider.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
You can determine the age of the tire by reading the sidewall. I will have the week/year stamped on the side in a four digit format (use google for more detail).

pressure should be mid to high 30s for regular street riding and regular tires

You can find the shop manual for your bike linked on this forum and it will provide you with 400 pages of good info

best of luck

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Forget the tire pressure, sounds like you need to get new tires. This is a motorcycle, not a car. You only have two, have one of them fail and it can be catastrophic for any rider, expecially for a new rider.

I agree. New tires.