New bike.....ish.....

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
So I had my accident about 4 months ago, and partially due to the time fixing and partially due to the cold weather, I really haven't ridden her much. A couple days here and there but nothing more than that. As much as I wanted to get right back in the saddle after getting hit by that f****** b**** (haha) that just took off, I'm kind of glad that I was able to take a break.

After being dragged along the pavement, some people will get right back on. Others will sell their bike and never ride again. I had a break for a few months, and honestly I really can't wait to ride again.... For a little while I've been thinking of getting a different bike. Some thing bigger or smaller or faster or slower, but mostly just something different. I went to a bike show a couple months ago and sat on many different bikes. Loved the feeling of the Triumph Bonneville, the Harley Wide Glide, and the BMW R Nine T. I wanted a bike that is fast, and comfortable, and stylish, can put on luggage, and is capable of taking small trips. Essentially I wanted a bike that can 'do it all'. You know, something like the FZ6....lol.

Yeah, I guess I'm not quite ready to give up on her yet...lol. Plus I don't really have the money to spend on a different bike at the moment. So I've purchased new sprockets (15t & 47t), a speedoDRD, and plan on doing the naked VS02 conversion in a couple months. Hopefully I'll like the changes. More than anything, it'll be something different since I've only really ridden the stock FZ6 (not including test drives or the terrible 3 months of learning on a jacked up GS500...lol). So I'm looking forward to getting the parts and riding my newish bike... Mostly though, I can't wait until the weather is nice again and I can actually ride!

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a big believer in the "get straight back in the saddle" school of thought myself. Every time I've dropped the bike or had an off I've been riding the very same day. I'm a little more careful on the bits of road where I've had issues and tend to be a little easier on the corners for a week or two afterwards though! It's a learning curve and even though coming off for whatever reason is bad it can be used to improve the riding skills whether that be observation, braking, cornering or anything else.

Glad to see having an RTA hasn't dampened your passion for riding. When you have an FZ6 you clearly love, why would it? :D

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I had my accident about 4 months ago, and partially due to the time fixing and partially due to the cold weather, I really haven't ridden her much. A couple days here and there but nothing more than that. As much as I wanted to get right back in the saddle after getting hit by that f****** b**** (haha) that just took off, I'm kind of glad that I was able to take a break.

After being dragged along the pavement, some people will get right back on. Others will sell their bike and never ride again. I had a break for a few months, and honestly I really can't wait to ride again.... For a little while I've been thinking of getting a different bike. Some thing bigger or smaller or faster or slower, but mostly just something different. I went to a bike show a couple months ago and sat on many different bikes. Loved the feeling of the Triumph Bonneville, the Harley Wide Glide, and the BMW R Nine T. I wanted a bike that is fast, and comfortable, and stylish, can put on luggage, and is capable of taking small trips. Essentially I wanted a bike that can 'do it all'. You know, something like the FZ6....lol.

Yeah, I guess I'm not quite ready to give up on her yet...lol. Plus I don't really have the money to spend on a different bike at the moment. So I've purchased new sprockets (15t & 47t), a speedoDRD, and plan on doing the naked VS02 conversion in a couple months. Hopefully I'll like the changes. More than anything, it'll be something different since I've only really ridden the stock FZ6 (not including test drives or the terrible 3 months of learning on a jacked up GS500...lol). So I'm looking forward to getting the parts and riding my newish bike... Mostly though, I can't wait until the weather is nice again and I can actually ride!
Glad you're feeling better.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to have you back! My naked conversion has been a work in progress for the past few months (waiting on parts or being at school) so I'm not finished yet, but I already love the new look of the bike. I think it'll be a change you'll like for sure!

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Good to see you're ready to get back in the saddle. Following a major road rash incident a few years ago, I was back at it after 4 months. Don't give it up, ride, ride like you stole it, just be careful out there.