New seat, saddlebags, paint and levers.

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
Well since Christmas I have been planning a 400+ mile trip to Florida for the week after next. So in preperation I had to get some new things for the bike to make it a better trip and then of course the "just becasue" items. Caught hell from the wife spending so much money right now but she'll get over it. lol

Didn't take pics of everything but list includes Cortech saddlebags, Pazzo levers, Custom seat, more sticker removal, painted rear pegs and handlebar top piece flat black. Just need to get my rearsets, bars and triple clamp done and won't have any silver left. Probably going to have them PC'd after I get back.

I already had the tailbag but knew it wouldn't hold enough for the 5-day trip so I got the saddlebags too. They were a bit of a pain to get on the 1st time and figure out how to line them all together but from now on they should be a cinch. and they do come off in one pice rather easily which is a big plus in my book.
hollywood416-albums-hollywood416-s-album-picture2209-p1070019.jpg

hollywood416-albums-hollywood416-s-album-picture2208-p1070014.jpg

No direct pics of the Pazzo's but they are sweet. I have always been used to 2 or 3 finger lever operation since my motocross days and never liked the full factory length. The shorty Pazzo's are just right plus the range of adjustment is plain awesome.

Thge best of all is the seat! Had it done locally for less than the cost of Yamaha Comfort and is twice the seat the comfort is. Had a 1/2" gel pad added to drivers area, a slight reshape and ofcourse the SWEET stitched cover. Very pleased and would suggest anyone looking to have one done check into your local shops. Always see it as a plus to spend your money with local businesses especially when they can make you a good deal.

hollywood416-albums-hollywood416-s-album-picture2207-p1070013.jpg

hollywood416-albums-hollywood416-s-album-picture2206-p1070011.jpg

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup: This looks great! I have the same tri-bag system and swear by it. I use the tail bag daily.

The seat looks very cool! How much did that cost ya?

Last... what room in the house is the bike parked in? :D

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup: This looks great! I have the same tri-bag system and swear by it. I use the tail bag daily.

The seat looks very cool! How much did that cost ya?

Last... what room in the house is the bike parked in? :D

Well most of your higher end places would charge about $300+ to do that seat but I found a small local business that did it for little of nothing as a favor to me. Promised them I wouldn't divulge the exact price but as it was a one time deal for me to help them drum up some more business but they would do one for about $200 maybe a little more depending upon what you wanted done. She also now has the template for the FZ6 seat thanks to mine and can make covers to ship for anyone interested. Cost for just a cover would be less but always dependant on materials used.

That's actually the garage/bonus room I just finished re-doing. It's the only room in the house that is 100% mine. lol:rockon:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice set up you have going Hollywood!

If you wouldnt mind, be sure to do a write up on those saddlebags. I have an on going thread that links luggage review by members. Post it up in the product review section, then I will link it over for the touring forum.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/touring/10852-luggage-luggage-more-luggage.html

Thanks man!

-bryan

Oh and that goes for anyone. If you have a peice of luggage that you dont see a review on in here in the forum, please feel free to do a write up. I put this together in order to make the decession making process easier. Thanks guys!

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
Is that basically a reshaped stock seat with a gel pad?

Yea basically they shaved quite a bit off the "backrest" part between driver and passenger seat to give it a more vertical profile. Then thinned a little off each side and took enough off the top to make room for the gel pad.

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice set up you have going Hollywood!

If you wouldnt mind, be sure to do a write up on those saddlebags. I have an on going thread that links luggage review by members. Post it up in the product review section, then I will link it over for the touring forum.

Gladly. Let me get my trip over with and I'll give a full on ride report with pics of mounting and all. That way I can work out any bugs in the mounting process and will know how it performs loaded on a long trip.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new stuff.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but does your rear have enough life left it in? Also, did you do a home-made cat-elim job or something?

Gladly. Let me get my trip over with and I'll give a full on ride report with pics of mounting and all. That way I can work out any bugs in the mounting process and will know how it performs loaded on a long trip.

Be sure to map out the route you took. I always use google maps because it makes finding good roads easy, posting routes easy, and it's just all around user friendly. Google Maps :thumbup:

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new stuff.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but does your rear have enough life left it in? Also, did you do a home-made cat-elim job or something?

Be sure to map out the route you took. I always use google maps because it makes finding good roads easy, posting routes easy, and it's just all around user friendly. Google Maps :thumbup:

Yea it'll be fine it has about 4k on it now and is just a little flat in the center from few burnouts but this will probably be the last trip on it. It will deff need to be replaced before summer session begins. Yea I fabbed up a piece of flex exhaust and am planning on bending a piece of stainless pipe once I can time things with my buddies pipe machine.

I'll have to check that out never used them before.

Last edited:

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks man that is a sweet deal. I set up 2 routes today. Not sure which one I will take down might just take one down and the other back up. Not much difference betweeen the 2.

from:503 Dean Springs Rd. 29627 to:34.470335,-82.424927 to:US-25 to:GA-121/GA-21/US-25 to:I-295 S to:I-295 S - Google Maps

from:503 Dean Springs Rd. 29627 to:Brown Ave/SC-20/Trail Rd to:Due W Rd/SC-20 to:Greenville St/SC-20 to:SC-28 to:GA-4/State St/US-1/US-23 to:New Kings Rd/US-1/US-23 to:30.394496,-81.757851 to:I-295 S - Google Maps