New stuff on it's way - Braking Wave Discs, Racetech Springs & Emulators, Ohlins Rear Shock, TB ti's

Your bike scares me already. But i cant ride for poop either.

Have had thoughts of a Sprintex Supercharger hanging off the side, instant 50hp increase....YOOOOOOWWIIII!!! Now that would make for some Sphincter puckering moments! and scare the poop out of just about anyone!

:eek:

lol.

My mate at work (part time car-builder) still wants to put a turbo on my bike.

I said he could do it if it was a freebie, after all, I just spent $900 on the pipes... He's thinking about it. He said he has a "25" in the shed (whatever that is.. I know nothing about turbos...lol)

Could be interesting.

:)

Sorry but dont be psyco stumbles, he'll stuff it.

Jules is the good guy on yuor left shoulder, i am going to be the bad guy on your right!

Do it! Do it! Do it!

Nah, just kidding, well sorta...would be a fun experiment! Just not on my bike!

:rockon:

Sorry but dont be psyco stumbles, he'll stuff it.

Hmm, the guy is a good friend, and very pedantic about motor vehicles... You should see the old Datto he's working on at the moment.

Jules is the good guy on yuor left shoulder, i am going to be the bad guy on your right!

Do it! Do it! Do it!

Nah, just kidding, well sorta...would be a fun experiment! Just not on my bike!

:rockon:

Lmao. Good guy - Bad guy... I love it.

I would like to do it, but common sense will probably prevail... Like I said, I just spent $900 on pipes, not likely I will be butchering the exhaust now... Although, Jules could end up with a set of Leo's on the cheap if I did do the turbo!!!

What does the "good guy" think about that??? Huh?

lol

Hmm, dunno why, but, I thought that might be your reaction...lol

When it's all put in perspective though, I'm such a sedate rider, I don't really "NEED" a turbo, but bragging rights would be nice... lol

Hey Wolfman - The bike sounds GREAT! Isn't the new suspension amazing? Night and day. Sounds like the emulators are a great way to go. Have you received the CF levers yet? If so what do you think, good product? Finally and CF wheel decisions yet?

Hey Wolfman - The bike sounds GREAT! Isn't the new suspension amazing? Night and day. Sounds like the emulators are a great way to go. Have you received the CF levers yet? If so what do you think, good product? Finally and CF wheel decisions yet?

The bike sounds awesome, was running a bit rough on Sunday, so cant wait to get it up on ther Dyno later today.

The front forks are now fantastic, still might stiffen it up a little, but now the bike tips in quicker, and with more confidence, but at same time, you dont find tourself all the way through the stroke, half way through the corner, or under heavy braking...dive is a lot better. I definitely recommend the Gold Valve emulators, as even though you have to open the top of the fork to adjust them (internal adjustment only), you at least have the ability to adjust preload.

Rear shock still needs work, we chucked it in with the settings it came with, and the bike still wallows coming out of turns under hard acceleration, and also tries to push the bike straight on...which made for a couple of interesting momemts when on it on Sunday in the twisties. Had the bike "floating" on both wheels at one point, which grabbed my attention pretty well...was bringing the bike down from about 130km'h to about 60km/h very rapidly at the time.

But that is just a set up thing, so will look at that again before next big ride.

Braking wave discs have also contributed to a much more refined front end, less unsprung weight, etc. Brakes harder, more progressively, and with the ferodo sintered pads, no "woodyness" is now evident, as before, with OEM brake pads. Braided lines have also helped here.

Now about the CF levers, they still have not arrived, sent one e-mail got no response. Sent a second e-mail yesterday, and got response....alonmg the lines of...paypal did not notify me of your payment, so did not send them, but apparently they have now been sent, and they are going to send me a tracking number. So it's still a case of wait & see...will let you know how they are, when they arrive.

All in all, "my new bike" is getting closer to what i want performance wise - engine, brakes, suspension.

Am thinking the Drag Bars i have on order will also make a difference, putting a little more weight over the front wheel (have already dropped forks through triple clamps by about 10mm, and raised the rear shock about 15mm with some spacers).

Am also thinking that -2 on the front sprocket, will be the most radical mod, in terms of acceleration...but still waiting for that too.

Rearsets is the only other thing i really want now, as those rubber mounted, and rubber cushioned numbers from Yamaha, dont exactly give you a lot of feedback, and they flex a lot...not the best when in Sport riding mode.

:thumbup:

^^^ Maybe more compression damping and pre-load? What kind of ridding did you tell them you like to do? I told them 2 up 20% of the time and sport/touring for mine.

^^^ Maybe more compression damping and pre-load? What kind of ridding did you tell them you like to do? I told them 2 up 20% of the time and sport/touring for mine.

I told them my weight, that i ride two up regularly, told them his weight, told them 80% commuting, 20% sport riding. Problem is i think they tried to come to a compromise setting so that you still have some comfort when commuting....the reality is i only really care how it handles in Sport Mode, should of told them that! I can put up with a bumpy ride, if it means the bike is handling as sharp as possible.

Definitely needs more pre-load, and more damping, shock is way too soft, anyway, i am sure that once i adjust it, we will get closer.

Bumping this thread again, as i just got home from the Bike shop, witn my MCS Drag bars, and Carbon Fibre bar ends. Going to fit them now....photo's to come as per usual.

Last edited:
Here's a quick pic, just waiting for phone to charge up a bit before i take anymore....low battery makes photo's fuzzy.

View attachment 7987

By the way, there was no problem with handlebars hitting the tank on full lock.

Bargain, whole mod only cost $74 for Bars & Bar Ends!

Ride impression to come.

:D

ok people im ordering grip puppies tomorrow, anyone want some, tried this morning and werent open, will be talking to them tomorrow, let me know.

A few more pics....

View attachment 7989

View attachment 7990

View attachment 7991

And i just went for a ride, up & down a few of the nice twisty hillside roads near my house, and i am very happy. Riding position is half way between OEM, and clip on's. Bit more weight over the front of the bike due to the flat nature of the bar, yet my hands are closer to my body, due to the pulled back angle of the drag bars. Bars are also 20mm wider than OEM fz6 bars, so i get to see more in my mirrors.

Makes the bike feel a lot more sporting re riding position, whilst remaining fairly neutral, which is what i did not want to lose. Am guessing that with the addition of a set of rearsets adjusted correctly, the bike would be even me comfortable for me to ride.

Very happy with this mod. If you want the bike to feel, and look a bit more sporty, it works on both fronts. Plus as i wrote before, you get to see more in your mirrors!

Last edited:
ok people im ordering grip puppies tomorrow, anyone want some, tried this morning and werent open, will be talking to them tomorrow, let me know.

Where you getting them from Jules. I,m interested.

Those bars look sweet Wolfman as does that Bagster, how did you find a tank cover sooo cheap ,lol

Those bars look sweet Wolfman as does that Bagster, how did you find a tank cover sooo cheap ,lol

Yes very happy with the Bars...makes the bike feel and look so much better, Bike now has a very low profile, due to bars not sticking up twowards the heavens.

Bagster bag does not quite fit as i would like just yet, but i think that has more to do with the fitter, than the quality of the product....am going to have another go at it when i get some time.\

Transforms the look of the bike! From a very loud Orange Bike, to a more stealthy looking black. I like both. so i can have some fun with that.

Cant wait for my new front sprocket to get here now.

Then this round of mods is done!

:Flash:

Oz i checked this morning and had no answer so i ordered them from californian touring sport. I have ordered a second set just in case, but will want to show them to shops first.

Back