New stuff on it's way...part 4!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just out of interest.....i did manage to re-wire the lights & front indicators on Pinky tonight....front end now complete, sans front fender....leaving that off till last...

Only the tank, Exhaust, and seat assembly, rear lights to go back on now....

Nearly there.....might be needing you to take it for a test ride, Mikey, when it's all done...as you will know what a "stocker" is supposed to feel like...i cant remember!!!!

:eek:

I might have to slam into a 4WD just to get back to where I was...lol.:eek::rolleyes::ban:

All good mate. I should be Ok to feel if it's all doing what it's supposed to....although it will feel a little sluggish with stock gearing....but should wind out to 240-ish:rockon:

Be a step up from the quacker:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I might have to slam into a 4WD just to get back to where I was...lol.:eek::rolleyes::ban:

All good mate. I should be Ok to feel if it's all doing what it's supposed to....although it will feel a little sluggish with stock gearing....but should wind out to 240-ish:rockon:

Be a step up from the quacker:D

Still has the Qualifier RR tyres on it too....you sorta HAVE to ride hard on those...to make them work! :rockon:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Still has the Qualifier RR tyres on it too....you sorta HAVE to ride hard on those...to make them work! :rockon:

Take a bit of warming up.....the Bridgestones would probably be better....I've had them on the road before and they get up to temp OK...lol.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Take a bit of warming up.....the Bridgestones would probably be better....I've had them on the road before and they get up to temp OK...lol.

Well your welcome to take the Wheels over to Mr Hanby for a quick swap, the Bridgestone BT02, 03's are sitting right there....

:rockon:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well your welcome to take the Wheels over to Mr Hanby for a quick swap, the Bridgestone BT02, 03's are sitting right there....

Not a bad idea....I dunno if I trust those tires that are on it...I trust the Bridgies...lol:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well as posted in a new thread, the transformation of Pinky to road bike is complete.....
View attachment 23718

and all the good FZ6 Cup stuff is either on Damien, or sitting in the workshop, ready for use on Damien, for track days!!!

Yep, my plan is now to get a replacement front FZ6 Cup fairing for use on Damien at the track to go with the fibreglass single race seat, The 2nd pair of Valtermoto rearsets i own (track soiled!!!!), the single GYTR exhaust, and Woodcraft clip-ons...

When i want to go to the track, Damien will look pretty much exactly like this..
View attachment 23719

View attachment 23720

View attachment 23721

View attachment 23722

View attachment 23723

Or this, Yamaha Competition Yellow!
View attachment 23724

Whatever happens, my spare tank will be getting painted, as will the single fibreglass seat unit, which is pink at the moment.

This option gives me 2 bikes in one, with most of the decent road gear like my "good" Valtermoto rearsets, TB exhaust, Seat unit, bellypan, etc, safe from harm at the track...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
um....... orange bike is stock? I see no mods at all in the first pic.

Yes the orange bike is stock...now, well sorta anyway, apart from racetech fork springs, gold valve emulators, and ceramic coated headers.

But the black bike which the thread is really about is about as far away from stock as it can possibly be...without turning it into a complete "special"!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know but I had already said that in the other thread :Flip: :D

Aaaargh, yes, but you see i was a little "happy" at whatever goddam time it was when i replied to your post, and was looking lovingly at my bike in the Garage! :eek:

Yes, i know, i am a sad individual!

:Flash: