nice guys finish last...or...something like that

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was heading to work this morning and some tradie had dropped a mixed bunch of screws and stuff off his tray:spank: and it was in the tyre tracks of traffic coming up to a set of lights. By the time I realised, I'd ridden over about 40 of them:disapprove: . light was red so I got off and picked up a dozen or so and flicked them on to the side of the road. went thru the intersection, pulled up to check my tyres and as I was pushing the bike and setting it on the stand, check a section of tyre, move the bike, check the tyre etc, the stand flicked up, the bike landed on my toe and the gutter, scrape on the barkbuster and the stebel horn.:mad: Just missed crushing the tank on the kerb-phew.
nice lady held the bars straight while I lifted, but I pulled a back muscle!
shoulda stayed in bed!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
well Martin I think I was lucky on that score, I didn't see any in the tyre, just hoping that by tomorrow morning they have all gone, but I tell you my foot is sore. I can wiggle toes so nothing is broken but I think there will be an almighty bruise right where I change up too!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice that you saved some other folks headaches, kudo's to you!

Lucky you didn't pick up a nail, (I wouldn't got both tires, guaranteed!)

Get better with your injuries, could have been worse.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch! Well at least you've added a little luster to making our planet a better place by picking up those lost screws. Thank you Ade! Been having that same problem in my area lately. A lot of non pros doing trade work here. Poor people think they're getting work done on the cheap. Lol!