No hands ridding question

sfcali86

Proud Dad
Reaction score
Visit site
i seen some videos and riders take both hands off the handle bars but keep going how do they do that. i mean my fz6 slows down rapidly when i let the throttle go. how do these stunt guys keep there speed the is it cruise control or what?

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
i seen some videos and riders take both hands off the handle bars but keep going how do they do that. i mean my fz6 slows down rapidly when i let the throttle go. how do these stunt guys keep there speed the is it cruise control or what?

Either throttle lock, or just put it in neutral first.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Those two, plus if you're in 6th gear there's not much engine braking going on.

I used to do no hands all the time just to relax on an empty stretch, but it's a bad habit.

GodSpeedLuc

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah dont make it a habit or else you could end up doing it without even knowing it. LoL.

:mikebike:

after i first learned how to do it, it got addicting to try whenever i had the chance. (on an open, straightaway, with absolutely no traffic or pedestrians around of course).

i usually kept it in 6th rollin at a good speed and right before you let go, give it a lil throttle to keep you going. (assuming you dont have a throttle lock) and then i just use my knees if i need to lean to keep the bike straight. but that would be very minimal since i assume you would be doing this on a straightaway also.

good luck!

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site

I usually do that when im in 6th gear and just cruising down...engine braking is very low in 6th gear..its very easy to do it..if u r asking how to...control the bike with ur thighs..thats all..
But definitely not advisable to do ..I know..but at times..it helps me to relax and give a break to my shoulders..
KB

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
They have their idle turned way up. Plus they run massive Sprokets.