North GA FZ6 Riders

JamminKen

Rockin' Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Who rides an FZ6 in north Georgia? I'm located in Kennesaw, and like to take day trips in the mountains around Dahlonega, Suches, & Brasstown Bald Mountain. If you're interested in getting weekend rides together, drop a PM to me or a note in this thread and we'll get a pack of FZ6's together buzzing through the northern GA curves!

andreigbs

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

I run around the north side of town as well, usually once every couple weeks. My routes include Hwy 129 up to Blairsville, Hwy 280 W/E depending, Hwy 60 and GA400/Hwy 19. I also run around closer to home, in the Braselton/Lawrenceville/Flowery Branch area. I ride with my cousin, he's on a F800 ST. Let's plan a run up into the mountains, maybe even a trip to the Tail. It's about 3-4 hrs. away from where I am...

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
I am not familiar with any of those areas, but being right near Chattanooga I'm not that far off, I think. I'd be game if I can squeeze it in to my schedule. Right now work is good, so I'm usually working Saturdays. Maybe I can talk my dad into a ride, if you're cool w/a Honda :) hehe

I need some new rubber before I make any long trips tho :( I'll try to keep an eye on this section to see what's goin on.

mkjeld76

USCG Retired
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be ready as soon as I get my new tires mounted. After the weekend at Deals Gap with the FZ6-Forum meet it was great meeting other fz6 riders and I'm ready to go again.

-mike

oogie

Reaction score
Visit site
I ride the north Ga. mountains regularly, so include me in. JamminKen and I are gonna meet up tomorrow if anyone is able to cut loose.

Eunos

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my Fazer 3 weeks ago! :)

I've been up round the Dahlonega/Blood Mountain areas on the weekdays a good bit.. would love to get together with other Fazer riders in the area. I'm in Buckhead :)

oogie

Reaction score
Visit site
Met up with JamminKen in Dahlonega and rode over to Suches & Two Wheels today. We had a great ride,Ken is a cool guy. Hope we can get up more rides soon with others in the area.

JamminKen

Rockin' Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yes, the ride was great..and those tar snakes made some of the curves a little more challenging than normal. I really loved that section of 60 from Suches to hwy 515.

Met up with JamminKen in Dahlonega and rode over to Suches & Two Wheels today. We had a great ride,Ken is a cool guy. Hope we can get up more rides soon with others in the area.

rnocera

Reaction score
Visit site
I live in Lawrenceville. I am up for rides most weekends. Let me know when you guys want to get together.

mlevins77

Needs beer
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all...I live in Dunwoody for the next month or so, then moving to Kennesaw closer to work. I grew up driving from ATL to Hiawassee, which is just on the other side of those lovely N. Ga Mountains. Haven't been up there as much since my grandmother passed...she was my reason for going up that way...but I've still got some family to visit and bum a place to stay.

I'm always up for a weekend ride up in the mtns, the earlier the start the better as it's getting effing hot. I've got some buddies around here on R6's, Sportsters and some others. Keep me in the loop if you're ever headed that way and we'll make a nice group ride out of it.

My normal route was to come up 400, bypass Dahlonega and Cleveland and backroad on some twisties up to the north side of Helen...cross the mountain and then cut over on 180 to Blood Mtn, making the loop back down to Dahlonega and back to 400. All in all about a 3-4 hour ride depending on breaks and traffic. Looking at going for a several day ride with a buddy of mine in late July...maybe camp out Sat night and cover most of N.Ga.

Looking forward to riding with you guys!:rockon:

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
A buddy of mine on SBN is putting together a ride for this Saturday. I don't have all the specifics yet. If you interested, PM me and I will keep this threat updated and/or provide a link to SBN

I think we will be riding up in the Helen GA area (mountains). Send me PM if you are interested in going.

gj

WenMark

Reaction score
Visit site
Next weeend Oogie & I are going through the mountains we are either going Saturday or Sunday depending on who goes and such let us know if you want to go. :rockon:

b.oryan

Reaction score
Visit site
I live in the Ft. Stewart / Hinesville area. Not far from Savannah. I don't really know how "north" that is, but I live in GA.