Northeast FZ6 Meet - Aug 23rd 2008

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
hooray! keep those pics coming. I know I know, I was there....but still... I had a blast at the after party too. Eric's ape impression made my night!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We could not have asked for better weather. NH has been having rain every weekend for the last 6 in a row! We were worried that the trend would continue... however, Mother Nature answered my call and we were blessed with the absolute best weekend NH has seen this year. 70 degrees at the top of Mt. Washington!?!?!? That is unheard of!!! Great meeting each of you! Great ride, great company and the Best of Times! Thanks All!

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the link to our pics on photobucket

reiobard/Rides/NE FZ6 Meet 2008 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and some of my favorites:
NEFZ6Meet101.jpg

NEFZ6Meet088.jpg

NEFZ6Meet080.jpg

NEFZ6Meet067.jpg

NEFZ6Meet020.jpg

NEFZ6Meet134.jpg

NEFZ6Meet152.jpg

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
In light of the post-ride discussion I have the following exhibits to offer:

watermark.php

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI"]YouTube - Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up[/nomedia]

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed the FTP site wasn't allowing multiple user logons. I have fixed this and you shouldn't have the disconnects. Sorry all!

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I know - I almost went back and did but I'm efficient (read lazy) - then I'd have to add more stuff too - trying to start out in 2nd on 20% grade (mostly said Pathfinder's fault), blocking entire turn outs, figuring out the bill after lunch, waiting to pay for gas with the singularly most enthusiastic employee on earth, watching pillions take the riders seat while they stretch

Too much memorable stuff packed into a day I guess...

Last edited:

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice information and pictures everyone. Sounds like this event was successful enough to be repeated..anyone know of a location in that area where I could rent a bike? I'd be willing to fly in for the next one..

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice information and pictures everyone. Sounds like this event was successful enough to be repeated..anyone know of a location in that area where I could rent a bike? I'd be willing to fly in for the next one..

I know the Lakes Region (Laconia) has places that rent Harleys....don't know about anything more sport-bikey.

And, for those who don't know....

291635623_c389454338.jpg

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
glad you guys had fun!!! one of these days we should plan a East meets West ride

Looks like there were a lot of forum members riding last Saturday, as there were two organized group rides, Southern California and this one. After viewing both threads, looks like these two groups had a very distinct style of riding. Seems like the NE ride was a conservative group ride, taking in all the scenery. The west, well, what can I say, a tad fast with absolutely zero opportunity for scenery, and there were plenty of it, but it was just a freaking blur. It was like a road race, the r1's vs the FZ6's, and the lightning Buell of Wavex squeezed in between. If there ever is a East meets West, should be interesting.

NE rider's, thanks for posting the great pics. Beautiful part of the states you live in.

Special kudos goes out to Ant Mb, logging well over 1000 miles in less than two days riding two up!:thumbup:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like I missed a great trip! What a weekend for riding! Wish I could have been there...

John

Wish you could have too! It was a smashing success! We could take some covered bridge shots and "backpack man" you into them! :D

Maybe next time!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like there were a lot of forum members riding last Saturday, as there were two organized group rides, Southern California and this one. After viewing both threads, looks like these two groups had a very distinct style of riding. Seems like the NE ride was a conservative group ride, taking in all the scenery. The west, well, what can I say, a tad fast with absolutely zero opportunity for scenery, and there were plenty of it, but it was just a freaking blur. It was like a road race, the r1's vs the FZ6's, and the lightning Buell of Wavex squeezed in between. If there ever is a East meets West, should be interesting.

NE rider's, thanks for posting the great pics. Beautiful part of the states you live in.

Special kudos goes out to Ant Mb, logging well over 1000 miles in less than two days riding two up!:thumbup:

I think that the type of ride could be altered, we went out as a scenic ride, i think a few of us could plan on a different kind of ride to melt tires :rockon: