Northeast FZ6 Meet - Aug 23rd 2008

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think that the type of ride could be altered, we went out as a scenic ride, i think a few of us could plan on a different kind of ride to melt tires :rockon:

Oh hell ya !!! some of those roads just need a thorough thrashing:rockon:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think that the type of ride could be altered, we went out as a scenic ride, i think a few of us could plan on a different kind of ride to melt tires :rockon:

My only issue with a ride like that in THIS part of the country is the ratio of LEOs to Curves. I think a pie chart might best explain it. ;) I can only dream of the open roads and canyons of the Southwest and SoCal.

We ride scenic routes here because that is all we have. The curves are typically monitored in all the wrong places for a biker. In my rides, I do know where they like to hide thus know when to slow down. :D

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, get to a track day then!!! I might have to get me a camera mount before my track day, might be fun to record a few laps!!!

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My only issue with a ride like that in THIS part of the country is the ratio of LEOs to Curves. I think a pie chart might best explain it. ;) I can only dream of the open roads and canyons of the Southwest and SoCal.

We ride scenic routes here because that is all we have. The curves are typically monitored in all the wrong places for a biker. In my rides, I do know where they like to hide thus know when to slow down. :D

Now that you mention it though, I don't remember seeing any LEOs until I reached southern NH on Sunday... and got very lucky. Thank you to the slow Honda Civic in front of me. :D

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I figured you might chime in to that...
You mean this in a good way or...:rolleyes:

I will no matter what do a track day next year. :cheer:

I think the camera idea would be great, do it!!

Maybe a fall twisties run would be in order, you can lead, I would love to pick up a few pointers:Flash:
I'm not talking a "take me to jail run" just a little more peppy...

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe a fall twisties run would be in order, you can lead, I would love to pick up a few pointers:Flash:
I'm not talking a "take me to jail run" just a little more peppy...

Rob doesn't ride as fast as he claims. Though he is a much faster and more skilled rider than I, he also has a sense of right and wrong and thus will not go twice the speed limit (like some roads around here desperately call for), or at least he won't tell me he will, and he sure as heck doesn't want to explain any sort of high speed accident to me ;)

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Now that you mention it though, I don't remember seeing any LEOs until I reached southern NH on Sunday... and got very lucky. Thank you to the slow Honda Civic in front of me. :D

I also got super lucky on the way home. I was passing about 5 cars at once and had the throttle working to get it done and low and behold the first on-coming car was a LEO. I quickly got back down to close to legal speed and cooled it for a few miles and there was a second LEO not far behind. Not sure if the first guy just cut me a break b/c it was a limited passing zone or if my keeping it legal for the second helped but I spent a lot of time checking the mirrors on that one. :thumbup:

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed ,twice the limit no way!!:ban: I like most have too much to loose by being foolish,But after seeing some of those roads for the second time I will at some point go again but a little less leisurely :D

By the way, thanks to you folks and the others that posted such wonderful photos!:thumbup:

I don't recall seeing any recently of your new addition??

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Rob doesn't ride as fast as he claims. Though he is a much faster and more skilled rider than I, he also has a sense of right and wrong and thus will not go twice the speed limit (like some roads around here desperately call for), or at least he won't tell me he will, and he sure as heck doesn't want to explain any sort of high speed accident to me ;)

I would love to take a spirited ride through those mountains. When we broke off from the group we took the fast track down and it was a blast. I want more!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, get to a track day then!!! I might have to get me a camera mount before my track day, might be fun to record a few laps!!!

You can borrow mine if you want to. Three bolts swap and you're ready to video. I have the bolt for the vid camera as well. Just let me know... :D

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't exactly go all that slow in the real twisties on the way back. ;) We had a break-away of 5 bikes up front. That's why I got the lecture from the wife... not for the speed but for leaving part of the group out of sight. I did stop and wait for them twice though. :don'tknow:

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for posting the great photos. Looks like a great time was had by all. :spank: to the group who sped ahead.. I am sure i didn't not need to give that out though hehe. Those roads are fantastic for riding.. hoping to get up there before the season is over.

Glad you all made it home safely and had a great time.

Deb

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't exactly go all that slow in the real twisties on the way back. ;) We had a break-away of 5 bikes up front. That's why I got the lecture from the wife... not for the speed but for leaving part of the group out of sight. I did stop and wait for them twice though. :don'tknow:

you waited 11 miles ahead of us!!! If one of those moose had jumped out in front........ Just be happy I am not your wife :) :spank::spank: