Northern IL/Southern WI riders??

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I got out for 30 miles last night.. Felt great to be on the bike again!!

And today I managed to sell my 2008 GoldWing!! I rode it very little last year and decided it needed a new home.. I had it listed on Craigslist for a week with nothing but lowball offers and scammers..
Yesterday I tossed it on eBay and today I got an offer for what I was after in the first place.. Tomorrow it's on it's way to it's new home at McGrath Powersports in Cedar Rapids, IA..

I'll have room for the 30 year old BMW R65 that followed me home last week in a trade of my unused fishing boat.. Never ends, does it?? :)

WIyamirider

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I got out for 30 miles last night.. Felt great to be on the bike again!!

Agreed 100%! I managed to get about 5 miles on this year so far. I got it out of hibernation, and couldn't resist the urge to take it out for a spin. And now it's cold and raining....

I'll have room for the 30 year old BMW R65 that followed me home last week in a trade of my unused fishing boat.. Never ends, does it?? :)

No, no it doesn't. I'll be signing the paperwork on a YZ250 tomorrow on my way home from work. Now I have to get a shed, so that there's enough room for all of my toys sleep in the garage.

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed 100%! I managed to get about 5 miles on this year so far. I got it out of hibernation, and couldn't resist the urge to take it out for a spin. And now it's cold and raining....

No, no it doesn't. I'll be signing the paperwork on a YZ250 tomorrow on my way home from work. Now I have to get a shed, so that there's enough room for all of my toys sleep in the garage.

Congrats on the YZ, and just consider the both of use lucky since we're not up north, where they got 14" of snow and are getting more.

rickvan67

Junior Cheeseburger
Reaction score
Visit site
Western Wisconsin for me (Hudson), basically eastern occupied Minnesota. I'm not opposed to taking a weekend road trip south for a group ride with some other "sconi" riders though.

windsor

Reaction score
Visit site
I live near Muskego, when I'm feeling the need to ride I head out west to the Elkhorn/Lake Geneva area and stick to the alphabet roads. 67 between Eagle and Oconomowoc is fun, but rather busy. Twice I month I head down to Crystal Lake IL for meetings and like the ride down P from Burlington.

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I live near Muskego, when I'm feeling the need to ride I head out west to the Elkhorn/Lake Geneva area and stick to the alphabet roads. 67 between Eagle and Oconomowoc is fun, but rather busy. Twice I month I head down to Crystal Lake IL for meetings and like the ride down P from Burlington.

Well, you're getting closer. Basically, you need to get further west..

This map was made by a guy in your neck of the woods.. It was made up for dual sporting, so ignore the gravel..:BLAA:

WIMAP.jpg

windsor

Reaction score
Visit site
That map pretty much sums up WI. I have passing thoughts of the MX bike I traded in in order to get a street bike, but there are no places to ride it around here. I've rode the Fizzer more in a week than I ever rode the dirt bike. If anyone from around these parts wants to hit the country roads and ride, hit me up.

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
I started riding in Madison, and then 2 years later moved to Boston. It's wierd, I feel like I know WI better, but I've put on 35k miles here versus 15.5k there. Oh and that map is exactly correct.

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the heart of some of the best riding in Wisconsin, and Minnesota! La Crosse is a great place to ride and have a few beers afterwards. Come to La Crosse this weekend the 30th for the Thunder run to cure Diabetes! My fiance and I are riding and having a small get together at our house afterwards. Feel free to come up, bring a tent we'll provide food. (give us a heads up that you're coming) and BYOB!

Abschatten

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah it really is unfortunate. I'm thinking of taking a trip to the Mississippi river this spring. Take some pictures and such, ride the river for a while.

TopPud

-Matt-
Reaction score
Visit site
This thread hasn't been talked in awhile but I live in Milton, WI which is like 5-10 min north of Janesville and when I go back to school I also live in Platteville, WI. So anyone close hit me up for a ride

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Next week I'm visiting my sister in the Lake Geneva area, and want to find some curvy and scenic routes. Appreciate any help!